VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO in need of General Counsel

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Is this like the tiger team  when a claim is complicated even for a DRO? She said the worst case is she will set me up with an appeal.

Schakowsky,_Pallone_highlight_Vehicle_Safety_Improvement_Act_after_Auto_&_Roadway_Safety_Hearing.3gp

I was charged two years after my accident and the officer said to me he was at the time not required to look into the airbag not going off so no defect was looked into until this whole GM scandal broke public. But like said and can prove that it didn't matter when the accident happened it could have happened at any time. Their engineers already said my accident was due to my ignition switch case closed  and forced them settle my claim in 2008 then hid my black box with all the others families data of their accidents. For examples the families that testified with me yesterday the person involved in their accident is deceased 1 family their son had  the car  for 9 days, 1 was a rental, 1 was a month, and the others were just around a few months almost 1 year. Mine happened about a year of owning my Cobalt. Chevy Cobalt are death traps for people driving them and should warn all drivers you see to either get the ignition switch looked at or buy a new one GM is offering 500 bucks towards their next car if they give them their cobalt, makes me mad and laugh at the same time. What good is 500 towards a new car?

Edited by jfrei

Charged..yes.

Convicted...?  whatever the outcome of the cause of the accident, if they can prove that you had no business driving the vehicle to start with...in that the act of DUI is misconduct, they have a grounds to deny you benefits.  Just the fact that you were in the vehicle, in violation of the law, in control of the vehicle while you were under the influence of alcohol/drugs (or whatever)...is misconduct.

Hence...you need a very good attorney for this case.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\\//\\//  it might be smart to go after the dui and get that overturned so they cannot use it in the VA Claims process before you pursue the end of this all /\/\/\\/\/\

Edited by pwrslm

I did and its been to long the officer said the only thing the officer said he would do is he can testify that the defect of the airbag was not looked into because of the other evidence. Except my lawyer did and filed against GM who then filed for bankruptcy so that was apparently shielded from them. What about the Marine in 2008 died in CA driving at night said he was speeding died back to his base later determined it was the ignition switch was he at fault its proven to lose your brakes and power steering he had his seat belt on the pretensions in seat belts fail as well with this recall. The one boy who had his cobalt for 9 days wrecked his car had seatbelt that failed on by the time he got it off his body was 75% covered in burns from the fire got out his car made it 100 feet before collapsing and bleeding out on the pavement. So basically own the car and don't drive it is what I should have done. I know I should not have been in the car FACT  I have owned up to that by taking the punishment and the hazing from the military as a result of my memory problems for 5 years. I cannot change what I did which is why I have been so actively involved with congress and the other survivors trying to change the current law/laws for the auto industry and I believe on Wednesday it was beneficial they heard all of our stories.

Edited by jfrei

All,

A Vet here is asking a question that they would like answered.  Your opinions on whether the claim is "Bullshit" or not is not the point, if you think their claim is BS and dont want to help dont help, the VA will make the final determination.  The Vet is not hiding their wrongdoing, they admitted it, they are not faking symptoms to make a claim.

So if we could refrain from that, it would be nice.

I'm thinking strategy.  I'm not thinking the claim is BS.  It is a solid claim.

Take away the disqualification (DUI) and they don't have any grounds to deny for misconduct.  Without the DUI involvement, he should be approved, no?

DUI machines are being shot down in courts all over the country.  Law Enforcement use the same equipment for the most part, and if the test is not exact, and the machine is not properly calibrated, they have to throw out the DUI.  Most of the time, they tell you to blow hard, and get you to blow 2-3 times to get a positive result.  Those machines were designed for 1 liter of breath to analyze  Blood Alcohol Content.  If you pump 3 or 4 liters into the machine, it registers the same result as if you only provided 1 liter, but it counts the content of 3 or 4 liters as 1 liter.  The resulting test can show BAC 3 or 4 times higher than what was actually there.  Had a friend that blew a 2.9, the testing officer had him blow 4 times into the machine.  We got the conviction overturned.

Without a DUI conviction, its removes any question of misconduct.