VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success! 100% P&T, No Future Exams

Rate this topic

Julie1975

Well I don't know where to start except the title says it all. I started my journey six months before my military retirement (June 2013).  In Oct 2014 I received my initial rating of 90% and in Dec 2014 I filed my NOD to the Houston RO. Last week I received a phone call from the rater who went over a few of my items and told me he was approving one item (out of 7) and granting IU. He said he still needed to look over my other new C&P exam and if I received 100% scheduler, the IU would be a moot point. The very next morning, I received another phone call from a different individual stating that I would be very happy with my decision but he couldn't discuss it with me. I told him about my phone call with the rater and then he said that IU was moot and I was 100%.

I received my statement of case two days later and read through the six denials (the same exact reason they initially denied was again listed almost verbatim); the SOC stated that my migraines were increased and IU was moot. The next day, after checking eBenefits a million times, I noticed that it was updated to 100%. I went to my letters and noticed that the commissary letter was suddenly listed. I opened it up and sure enough it said I was P&T with no future exams. I still haven't received my BBE but I did notice yesterday evening that a large sum of money is projected for deposit into my account on Tuesday. I'll wait for the BBE but am feeling pretty confident that this is real.

So....why am I not happy and jumping off the walls?? I woke up this morning feeling extremely cranky and have been short with my husband all day. Maybe it's the reality of it all and the fact I would rather be able to work full-time to help support my family but can't due to my medical issues. My husband has a great job and supports us comfortably but I have always made just as much or more than him and always enjoyed working, even on the crappy days.  I feel really guilty about being P&T when so many others, who did so much more than me and need it more than me, may never reach P&T.  I don't know why but I'm having mixed emotions about it all but am extremely grateful at the same time (if that makes sense).  I'll post up when I receive my BBE. Who knows, I could be jumping the gun here relying on eBenefits and the projected deposit.

Although I don't post much I've learned tons from this site. Thank you to everyone who contributed...I'll be making another donation to this site.  Those random, odd posts (Is eBenefits working, etc.) are the ones I gravitated to and helped calm me when I was anxious. I received my NOD format and solid advice from this site and appreciate all the knowledge and personal experiences people shared. Enjoy the rest of your weekend...we are trying to stay dry here in Texas today. :) 

Congrats. on your win. I think that it is normal the way you feel. A lot of us felt that way.  When I was awarded 100% scheduler my VSO called me and told me the rating.  I was tired, exhausted from fighting VA so long I felt numb. I did feel that more veterans should get theirs but I realized that there are days when I hurt so bad I just want to be left alone.  Yes, it does feel like a letdown. You can apply for SSDI. Now that you are P & T you get the CH35 for your dependents college and Champva for their health care. 

Edited by pete992

• HadIt.com Elder

Way to go Julie1975

Always great to hear of a 100% P&T Win.....Congratulations!

..................Buck

Congratulations!   I went through that, too, where you are at first elated when you win 100% but then realize the reality of being disabled.  

You should consider carefully whether or not you want to disclose this to others.  Sometimes that's good, at other times, people are jealous and can even be vindictive.  

Congrats.  it's a bunch of battles all the way to win the war, but in reality the war is never won because you continually fight the disabilities and all that goes along with them everyday.  Some days better than others.

Take it in stride, you're not alone in the emotions.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use