VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pain Worsening, denied increase?

Rate this question

jwesley

Question

lumbosacral spine strain with mild thoracic scoliosis20%Service Connected

^^^ My current diagnosis... this was proven with an x-ray. My pain scale is at a 7, I went to the Examination for an increase and she seen how much pain I was in and how bad my muscles were swollen on the one side and she called it a "Flare up" even though I have this pain constantly and consistently every day all day. I can't even bench press half my weight with out it pinching and hurting enough to make me about drop the weight. They denied my increase, what more can I do to receive proper diagnosis and care? The doctors seem to brush me off, I seen a chiro for approximately six months and I am unable to receive a MRI because I have an AICD implant. I don't even know where to begin to try and get this fixed.

Any input is appreciated!

This past spring I went in for increase for low back strain, x-rays showed same as always, but MRI showed the whole kit and caboodle.  But what got me bumped to 40% was the ROM for forward flexion, I went may 15degrees and stopped because that's where the pain shoots up and makes me feel like I may be tipping over. 

MRI not wasted tho, it's prime evidence for my in progress radiculopathy claim.

Semper Fi and good look.

Andyman

andy, what did the mri show? if you posted before, i apologize as i don't remember. thanks.

I'm just leaving work, so you will have to give me some time, I will repost it for you, ok?

Semper Fi.

Andy

If you have a strain how long ago did this happen? If its been about I say 5+years since it has happened you are most likely about to develop DJD. It appears you ripped some muscles and there is no cure for this. In the long run it cause the spine joints to deteriorate and progress faster than normal.

Did the Xray show any Sponydlosis/Osteoarthritis? How about the MRI?

Iceturkee,

I must apologize to you, I ran afoul of the law, after I got home, and wasnt allowed to go online. She likes the money on the first of every month, but doesnt like me spending time working my claims or sharing on here with the Hadit family.  But I will get to it! If I knew how to make a link to it, I would.