VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pain Worsening, denied increase?

Rate this question

jwesley

Question

lumbosacral spine strain with mild thoracic scoliosis20%Service Connected

^^^ My current diagnosis... this was proven with an x-ray. My pain scale is at a 7, I went to the Examination for an increase and she seen how much pain I was in and how bad my muscles were swollen on the one side and she called it a "Flare up" even though I have this pain constantly and consistently every day all day. I can't even bench press half my weight with out it pinching and hurting enough to make me about drop the weight. They denied my increase, what more can I do to receive proper diagnosis and care? The doctors seem to brush me off, I seen a chiro for approximately six months and I am unable to receive a MRI because I have an AICD implant. I don't even know where to begin to try and get this fixed.

Any input is appreciated!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Iceturkee,

I must apologize to you, I ran afoul of the law, after I got home, and wasnt allowed to go online. She likes the money on the first of every month, but doesnt like me spending time working my claims or sharing on here with the Hadit family.  But I will get to it! If I knew how to make a link to it, I would.

Not unheard of

iceturkee,

Here ya go, I found it!  Strangely enough it's not on my C-file!  But I did download a 6 month chunk of radiology reports through myhealthyvet and put it on my desktop, and that is where this was.

The alignment of the vertebral bodies is normal and the heights of the vertebral bodies are maintained. There is transitional anatomy with partial lumbar relation of S1 which seen on the radiographs. The signal characteristics of the osseous structures are normal. The conus is normally positioned at L1.. At L1-2 and L2-3 the disc spaces appear normal. The posterior elements are also unremarkable. The spinal canal and the neuroforamina are widely patent at the levels. At L3-L4 the disc space appears normal. The posterior elements demonstrates minimal degenerative change of the facet joints. The right neural foramen is mildly narrowed. The left neural foramen is also mildly narrowed. At L4-L5 disc space appears normal. There are mild degenerative changes of the facet joints. The spinal canal is largely patent.The right neural foramen is mildly to moderately narrowed. The left neural foramen is mildly to moderately narrowed as well. At L5-S1 there is mild disc degeneration with a mild broad-based central disc bulge. There are minimal degenerative changes of the facet joints. Facet changes and disc bulge results in a moderate to severe stenosis of the right neural foramen. There is a moderate to severe stenosis of the left neural foramen at thislevel as well. Compromise of either L5 nerve root is possible. The proximal S1 nerve roots appear unimpeded.

Impression:

There is transitional anatomy present with partial lumbarization of S1. At L5-S1 there is mild disc degeneration with mild circumferential disc bulge. There are minor facet changes as well. The combination results in a moderate to severe stenosis of the right and left neural foramina with possible compromise of either L5 nerve root.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

You're welcome, iceturkee!  Hopefully it will be enough to prove radiculopathy, bilateral, for me.  We'll see what happens with that.

You're welcome, iceturkee!  Hopefully it will be enough to prove radiculopathy, bilateral, for me.  We'll see what happens with that.

have you ever had an emg? i have had several which documented my radiculopathy. they stick needles along your arms or leg to see if there is a disruption. sounds painful but it isn't!