VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So, you must know the full name, date of dead/wounded

Rate this question

Mike_S

Question

Or it is not PTSD.

I never knew them when I picked up their bodies and put them in body bags. I never knew the names of the wounded we picked up in a slick to take them to an LZ with medical care. So, I can't possibly have PTSD. I put it all behind me as something normal.

I only knew nicknames and a few last names of the people I served with so of course I can't have any PTSD issues when they died.

There are issues not related to dead or wounded ... comrades, not all U.S. but that don't count.

I hate my country.

There is no denial yet, I'm just preparing my initial claim for other issues related to AO but a VSO I had once spoken with convinced me that I did have some PTSD issues.

The required form VA 21-0781 wants full names and dates of people you saw killed or injured during incident 1 and 2.

Can't file an FDC without it.

VA forms are just those forms to fill out, if the information cannot be filled out, they wont kick it back because of that YOU provide the information to them, THEY need to determine.  The form is required etc but the system doesnt look at every box to make sure it is filled out.

When i filled out mine i wrote down the names of a few, but some others i didnt know them like you, I knew they were Marines, and i could reasonably guess who they were based on locations of unit on our flank, etc, but i didnt have their DD214 to make sure.

Looking at the form, if there were any specific stressfull incidents that were worse or more bothersome, stuck with you, than others, i would write those down in incidents 1&2 and then i would attach another sheet explaining the gravity of the situation. that these were just 1 or two incidents out of hundreds that you dealt with.  That you never knew the names, other than what might be showing on a name tape or a unit patch on a shoulder, etc.

Dont get anxiety ridden over this brother, they have their little forms, but the gravity of our experience in combat doesnt fit in nice little boxes.

• HadIt.com Elder

if you don't know the names or rank I don't think they can use that against you  just being there and doing it should be proof enough.

try to remember the date/time it happen and where, and who was the officer or NCO in charge at that time.

if they count that against you  I'd raise all kinds of hell about it....that would traumatized anybody..

.............Buck

Mike your gonna need a diagnosis from VA which shouldn't be too hard from reading what you said. I have a buddy that was in nam on a body recovery team, he is 100% P&T just off of his PTSD.