VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file missing some records

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

While going through my C-file recently, it just occurred to me that the records from my initial exams are not there.  When I was getting out, I filed my initial claims, and went to various exams, and x-ray appointments at various locations.  These records are not there.  How do I go about requesting these specific records?  I am SC for all those contentions, but there is no record of what took place, so I can even see if and how much I was lowballed by.  Thanks.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

you might contact the base where you got out  they should have those records , if not  then the only way I know would be contact NRPLC in St Louis  and state you want your discharge records with exams, or all your medical records at the time of your exit exams and give the dates if you can when this was.

jmo

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I know  at a C&P i had one time the examiner got all those records some how? my exit records or ETS  Exams Back from when I got out  although I don't remember having some of the exams, but they were all on record.

..Buck

Buck,

The base I EASed from has been closed for some time now, due to BRAC policy.  I have my STR and in it are copies of health over views.  But I would think that the SC claims paperwork/info would be on the C-file, since they are claims, right?  It's just so odd that I received 3 10%s right outta the box, but nothing showing how or why.

Thanks,

Semper Fi.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree they should be in your c-file.....been taken out by a ghost I suppose? eh!

you can write a letter and say what you mention here  send the letter to your Claims intake center   attention claims master.

Every little bit helps.

,.............Buck

Yes I agree they should be in your c-file.....been taken out by a ghost I suppose? eh!

you can write a letter and say what you mention here  send the letter to your Claims intake center   attention claims master.

Every little bit helps.

,.............Buck

Very good idea, should I use a VA form, like the statement in support of claim form?

Semper Fi.

Andyman