VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inadequate C and P Exam

Rate this question

Paradise336

Question

I had my C and P Exams yesterday at VA Clinic in Pensacola Fl

None of the three examiners had read my C-File. Two were pros. The Mental Health examiner was unprofessional, condesending, brusque and out of sorts. She did not follow VA policy re using a checklist or template like DBQ. She was incredulous at my claim that I held in my trauma and mental health for 40 years as I protected my 27 career as an officer. Yet VA has conducted Vietnam Studies that show chronic PTSD in Vietnam vets and that there is now a surge in Vietnam vet claims. 

What or how to I file a protest against the examiner before VARO gets her report?

Glad you found some information on her!  I truly believe that the VA literally hates the Internet and its potential to help Veterans.  Keep up the fight!

Mark

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Three weeks is a guess. It could be more or less. If you have access to Blue Button on the my health va site, you might be able to find it in your record just a few days later - depending on if your exam was performed by the VA or a contractor.

Keep in mind, the VA PTSD C & P is forensic in nature. The Psychiatrist/Psychologist PHD is addressing primarily (2) issues: Do you have SC PTSD and are you exaggerating your symptoms for financial gain. If you got a negative vibe off your C & P examiner, get started on your appeal preparation , now.

Appeals are still taking 2 - 3+ years. Better to be locked and cocked, ready to file your NOD the same day you receive the Denial.

Do your Service Records and DD214 indicate a CIB, Bronze w/v or a Heart award? The CIB would cover your claimed combat stress-ors.

Exactly how severe do you think your current PTSD is? Have you completed your own PTSD DBQ and compared it to the 38 CFR 4?

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

What about if the veteran don't won't to answer some of the questions  especially his stressors ..or it bothers the veteran to much?

Edited by Buck52

Semper Fi

Thanks for input

I am a 30 infantry grunt......two Nam tours, CIB,  three Bronze Stars one with V, wounded in combat Purple Heart, many months in hospitals all in my records,  ARCOM with V, Air Medal, and so on.........

My examiner used no VA guide.....she did not explain the exam. She asked a few up front general questions which she could have got out of my C-File which she did not review prior to exam.....NOTE: during my earlier exam that morning with a general  doctor who told me the computer system was down and she would review my C-File when she could. The bulk of my Mental C and P Exam was devoted to 10 verbal and written tests one after another till I had a panic attack....she offered me no breaks.....

The examiner gagged when she asked why I had not sought mental health over the past 40 years. I told her I sucked it up like so many Nam vets trying to protect my career and when I retired I taught in public schools that do not allow mental cases near children.....

There are plenty of studies including VA studies that show Nam vets have sucked it up and thus have chronic PTSD and are now committing suicide and flocking to VA for disability claims........

I only had 45 minutes most of which was testing. The exam was inadequate....she wasted much time on basics that had she read my C-File she would have seen my CIB, and other awards, my stressor letter,  etc.......

To get ready for the worst, I have dug into her background and found she is also working in a prison......her Ph.D dissertation was on criminals who fake mental exams to beat raps....

Prisoners and Veterans.....go figure!!!!!

When I returned first tour in 64 I was spat upon by my countrymen and now I am being spat upon by my government which I swore to defend........she unlike the other two examiners treated my with disrespect.......

I am going back to the clinic to the ROI office to get my C and P in a few weeks......

I have retained counsel to do what I need to do should the Mental C and P go South.......

By the way I do have a civilian Shrink and provided his Chronic PTSD diagnosis with Depression with my VA FDC claim...my many months of treatment and my Shrink's treatment records are in  my C-File......what I did not do unfortunately was get my Shrink to fill out a DBQ....I am now having him do that to include with my appeal

Thanks again Semper Fi

Paradise336