VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA disabilities changed?? update

Rate this topic

vern2

• HadIt.com Elder

Am I wrong in assuming that I can get the 100% for heart AND the SMC-K-1? I was thinking that I could, but VA works in strange and un-VET friendly ways:)

Usually, SMC K is paid instead of a & rating, and possibly assigned a 0%. As I understand it, up to three K ratings can apply to a veteran's claim.

Heart problems often cause or are the result of other problems. It's certainly possible to obtain a 100% rating due to certain heart problems alone.

What was interesting and worthy of note - - -

When the VA saw the "writing on the wall" concerning A.O., heart disease(IHD,etc.), DMII, and other related problems, it revised the M-21 and other documents to disassociate

the various conditions. For a time, anyway it left the "standard practice" guidance to providers alone, and did not disturb the language associating them.

(Wonder Why they did that?)   It's also interesting that the above conditions appear to be endocrine related, yet there seems to have been a lack of effort to determine the whys and wherefores.  

An area that might be explored has to do with situations where multiple SC codes/conditions apply to the heart. If not for the prohibition against it, several 100% ratings might exist.

I and others think that this is an area that SMC should apply, and is commonly not. 

Edited by Chuck75

• Founder

so, if I finally get some $$, how do I send a donation to T-Bird as want to help fund the web site. I remember Pay Pal, but my account card has expired, just got notice on this last week. What other ways can we send donation?

Congratulations - This is wonderful news.

Contributions are always appreciated, never required and please remember NOT tax deductible. Always take care of yourself and yours first.

If you would like to make a contribution and can't use paypal or want to send a check I have pm'd you the address you can send it to.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use