VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where do I send my NOD?

Rate this question

mcarter985

Question

Good morning!  I'm submitting my NOD for an increase in the awarded rating (I received 50% and think I deserve 70%).  I'm also submitting additional evidence the rater did not have access to.  My original RO in California (San Diego) handled the claim but we have since moved to Florida.  In my reward letter it states to send the NOD to the RO that issued the decision yet it also states to send all correspondence to one of two Evidence Intake Centers.  If I'm supposed to send it to an intake center which one should I send it to...for California it's in Janesville, WI and in Florida it's in Newman, GA?  I'm in Florida now but the decision was sent from San Diego RO.  Should I send it to everyone?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Isnt it just like VA to confuse Veterans, telling them to send the NOD to both the RO and the evidence intake center in the same document?  They love confused Vets and deliberately make Va benefits as complicated and confusing as possible so they can deny and Vets spend years appealing.  Its the VA way. 

I would send it to the intake center, as its less likely to be shredded there.  You see, the intake center does not have financial incentive to lose your information like the RO does. 

Regardless of whether you send it to the RO or the intake center, or both,  keep a copy certified mail return receipt requested AND follow up to see if your nod appears on ebenefits in a few weeks.  Theoretically, it would not matter and VARO would do the right thing and input it anyway.  But, stuff rarely goes according to Hoyle at VA.  

Edited by broncovet

So, it isn't just me that's confused!  Good to know!  Which intake center should I send it to...the one in GA (San Diego made the rating decision) or the one in Janesville (I live in Florida now)?

Thanks for your answer!

• HadIt.com Elder

I would send it to the Claims Intake Center before your move...but thats just me

here are the correct address's for both Intake Claims Centers depending on what part of the country you live in.

IF YOU LIVE IN THIS LOCATION:THEN MAIL YOUR DISABILITY COMPENSATION CLAIM AND/OR EVIDENCE TO:OR FAX YOUR DISABILITY COMPENSATION CLAIM AND/OR EVIDENCE TO:

ALABAMA, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MISSISSIPPI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NORTH CAROLINA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, VERMONT, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, AND PUERTO RICO

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 5235
NEWNAN, GA 30271-0020

TOLL FREE: 844-531-7818
DID: 248-524-4260

ALASKA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, HAWAII, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, IOWA, KANSAS, LOUISIANA, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW MEXICO, NORTH DAKOTA, OKLAHOMA, OREGON, SOUTH DAKOTA, TEXAS, UTAH, WASHINGTON, WISCONSIN, WYOMING, AND THE PHILIPPINES

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 5235
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-5235

TOLL FREE: 844-822-5246 (844VACLAIM)
DID: 608-373-6690

From March on all Claims (and C file request also are now considered claims) are to be sent to one of two Evidence Intake Centers.  

................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

jmo

since your claim is at the San Diego RO I would send it to Janesville Wi  Claims Intake Center! let them decide what to do with it.

you may go to the BVA office and ask for a change of Address form  or attach a note to Janesville  letting them know you moved and have a new Addy. but you would like the SD RO to process your claim.

if you want them too?

............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Whatever you do, send them your new address.  Its a VA trick.  They send you notice "to your last known address" and there is a presumption of regularity that you got it.

But...treat the VA like they are a nine year  old child.  Tell em to do it, (change the address) then ask them if they did do it, and finally check to see it was done.   It isnt always enough to change your address at the VAMC.  You also need to make sure its change at VBA.  

Edited by broncovet