VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA appt

Rate this question

rwoods04

Question

4 answers to this question

When the VA contacted you, they would have told you on the phone whether it is for an C&P exam or not.  Also you would receive a letter or appointment confirmation letter in the mail.  Have you already submitted a Claim?  Also are you doing this on your own, or is an Organization helping you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a question, I have an appointment with the VA soon but I do not know if it is a C&P Exam? This my first appt with them.  

"This my first appt with them"

I'd ask what led to the appointment. Beyond that, the first appointment usually involves a long questionnaire, probable lab tests, and beyond a basic medical exam, additional

areas to look at based upon your answers to the questionnaire and any medical history or information you have, The initial exam is an interesting combination

of the things that you would expect any "new" doctor to look at, plus things that are more or less specific to veterans. A great deal depends upon the person conducting the

appointment/exam.   Assuming you have not dealt with the VA before, you may need to take proof of military service, such as a DD214.  Service medical records, and other medical records

concerning any conditions that may be service related and of concern can also be helpful.

Navy04,  The letter I received did not state whether or not it's a C&P exam.  I have an claim but it's been since 2014 May so this is my first appt.  And I'm working by myself.  I just want to know so I can go in there with the right mindset. 

Thanks.

Maybe try calling the scheduling department, as if you wanted to change the date, ask them what the appointment is for.  You can say that you're double booked and want to know what the VA apt is for, to decide which apt you want to reschedule, the VA or the "other one".  A little verbal slight of hand may get you your answer.

Semper Fi.

Andyman