VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scholarships for children of Disabled Vererans?

Rate this question

lcplcookba1

Question

I am hoping some Vets can direct me to some websites for scholarships above and beyond Chapter 35 benefits. Thank You Much in advance. Also I wasn't sure where to pst this so if a mod wants to move be my guest. Semper Fi

Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation   http://www.mcsf.org

Does this apply to Marine Corp Vets who where medically discharged in 1988 and finally received 100% in 2015 TPIU Schedular

"Children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen attached to a Marine unit who were permanently retired from the Marine Corps or Navy as a result of their service related injury"

Not sure what state you are in, but here in Alabama the state will pay for dependents to attend a state college or university for up to 5 years.  I just applied for this for my son and received the approval yesterday.  He will start UAB in January with tuition, books and fees paid for by the state.

Maybe your state has a similar plan?

Does this apply to Marine Corp Vets who where medically discharged in 1988 and finally received 100% in 2015 TPIU Schedular

"Children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen attached to a Marine unit who were permanently retired from the Marine Corps or Navy as a result of their service related injury"

From their webpage 

APPLICANTS MUST BE THE CHILD OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

• Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine
  • Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, or who was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
  • Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving, or has served, with a U.S. Marine unit
  • Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman attached to a Marine unit
Edited by Slick

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what state you are in, but here in Alabama the state will pay for dependents to attend a state college or university for up to 5 years.  I just applied for this for my son and received the approval yesterday.  He will start UAB in January with tuition, books and fees paid for by the state.

Maybe your state has a similar plan?

My wife and daughter are both taking advantage of this, in addition to Ch35. Here in Alabama, it pays for 100% tuition and most books for Alabama state colleges (not private colleges). The catch in Alabama is you must have been a state resident and joined the military from here and also be 20% or greater SC.