VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

dro video conf.

Rate this question

mrsfootball

Question

DRO Video Conference?? Only DRO "Conference" that I'm familiar with is the DRO requested, See M21 DRO Procedures, "Informal Evidence Discussion conference." I'm not aware that it's available as a Video discussion. Where does the Law Judge figure in??

Semper fi

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Video conference with a DRO seems a bit unusual. If you need to go over evidence in your c-file or show them documentation, it seems that it will not be possible.

Unfortunately, Colvin violations happen too often. I'm actually glad that you are fighting back.

THE LETTER SAYS THE VIDEO CONF. WILL BE CODUCTED BY A MEMBERAT THE BOARDS OFFICE IN WASH.DC.YOU WILL BE LINKED USINGVIDEO CONF.METHOLOGY THROUGH VOICE AND PICTURE TRANSMISSION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE AND HERE THE MEMBER ONTV MONITERAND HE OR SHE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE AND HEAR YOU JUST AS IF YOU WERE IN THE SAME LOCATION.     THIS IS WHAT IT SAID IN LETTER

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I understand. I have heard of this being done for other veterans. I had an in-person DRO meeting and found it invaluable to be able to ask questions, get answers, and discuss documentation firsthand.

• HadIt.com Elder

As far as I'm concerned, a video conference is not the equal of an in person hearing. It's a way to maintain a level of isolation and impersonality that suits the VA, often to the veteran's disadvantage. 

This video conference is with a BVA Adjudicator "Member" in DC, not with a VARO DRO. Are there DRO's at the BVA level? 1st I've ever seen that referenced regarding the BVA.

I should look up WTF a "Colvin Violation" is.

Semper Fi