VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

allenwilliams42

Question

Hello Hadit members I had my dreaded C & P exam for my bilateral knee conditions with the new and improved VA Veterans Evaluations Service in the Dallas Tx area.  I feel this comp & Pen was a joke.  Here are the the assessment of the evaluation I received:  My appointment was schedule for 0800hrs which I arrived at 0750 hours and within five minutes I was see by the VA Comp & Pen doctor.  He spent a total of 18 minutes asking me questions and he only had me to bend my knees twice on each side and was told that was it for my evaluation do I have it questions.  My respond was why my knees doesnt fully extend and is that all for this evaluation,  His reply was that you need to see you ortho doctor it could be muscle tightness or whatever.  I feel there was no assessment of my disability profile other than the MR!'s I presented and the list of medications I give them to keep.  Waiting to see what this evaluation outcome is because I feel more than likely I be appealing the evaluation as well as the way the comp & Pen was conducted.  Please chime in as what to expected in regards of  the outcome from this evaluation.

Thanks

Allen

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

No matter whether the VES or VA, that Exam is pretty much what they all do, basic. Even my SSDI exam doc then the same thing. But in the end it doesn't mean much, as the RO for the most part uses MRIs and X Rays when it comes to Bone and Joint Issues. As long as you have MRIs and treatment records that is all you need to be SC. I have had a few Good Exams at Dallas VES, you should try the VES in Tyler, now that was a Joke. Old Doc didn't even know my name or have my records to look at. So the VA RO just bypassed the Exam and was Granted SC on both Knees with VA Treatment Records and MRIs. Good luck and keep us posted

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you need to send in an IME/IMO to bolster this exam.  When these doctors ask you to do things you should only go so far until you  feel pain.  If the exam only took 18 minutes that would qualify as a half ass exam IMO.   I had a heart exam that was done by a nurse.  It involved no testing and just her guesses as to my condition.   I appealed and got testing.  I went from 0% to 60% on appeal.   You just have to build your own case for increase.  You cannot depend on these jerks and clerks for a decent rating.  You create your case by getting your own medical evidence from your own doctors.  I have been SC'ed for heart since about 2006.   The VA has never sent me to a cardiologist.  I see my own cardiologist.   The VA does not care if I live or die.  I have had pension exams from doctors that were so prejudiced against veterans it was sickening.   I won anyway because I got my own doctors involved.   You just cannot trust the VA as far as you can do projectile vomiting.