VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

length of decision approval?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

11cvolley,

the decision approval time could vary from 60 days to a year or more depending on many factors with the VA in my opinion and from my dealings with them.  I don't know if it would be any faster, but if it was faster, it would not be the "norm"; again, this is just my own humble opinion.

Trying to read the minds of the VA and how they may or may not handle your claim whether it be approved or not to hasten the speed or not? Is a crap shoot totally! As the old saying goes on hear "go fishing" or find a good book. Calm down relax but definitely stay on top of your claim!

Good Luck!

Stillhere

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

11cvolley,
Have you looked on ebenefits? Don't check every single day though (to help keep your sanity). In my case, I never saw the status changed, but many here say they can see it bounce back and forth. If you see it do that, don't be discouraged if it suddenly goes back to gathering evidence.

The 1-800 is famous for always being busy. I recommend you start calling early in the day. If you try later, you'll get the BS message that all agents are busy and to try again later.

11cvolley,
Have you looked on ebenefits? Don't check every single day though (to help keep your sanity). In my case, I never saw the status changed, but many here say they can see it bounce back and forth. If you see it do that, don't be discouraged if it suddenly goes back to gathering evidence.

The 1-800 is famous for always being busy. I recommend you start calling early in the day. If you try later, you'll get the BS message that all agents are busy and to try again later.

I been checking e-ben everyday. Been on, pending decision approval, for roughly 3 weeks now.