VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Break This Down

Rate this question

triman8654

Question

I know this is just a short snip it. But can someone break this down for me. Specifically the PTSD part.? 

I have an appeal in for PTSD, debating on sending this in as evidence.

DIAGNOSES: Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent; Unspecified anxiety disorder-PTSD by History; Alcohol use Disorder, severe in remission.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Is this a VA doc saying you have PTSD?  That is a big deal, because VA thinks only VA docs can diagnose PTSD.   But, Sure, send it in as evidence.    Its "one part" of the Caluza Triangle:

1.  Current Diagnosis

2.  In Service event, or stressor.

3.  Nexus, or link between current diagnosis and stressor. 

Now, that you have a diagnosis, you need to point to the stressor, and the nexus.  Did your VA doc say something close to, "The Veterans PTSD is at least as likely as not due to xxx trauma (stress event) in military service"? 

If you have the nexus and the stressor, (with the PTSD diagnosis) then it boils down to symptoms. 

• HadIt.com Elder

He could also go to my healthevet and copy the MH Notes   that is in his favor  to add to his evidence.

........Buck

Edited by Buck52

No mention of IU claim pending, 90SC, what's up? When you got your 90, was an IU Claim listed as "Inferred?"

As to your PTSD Appeal and New & Material Evidence. See Vet Attorney Chris Attig discussion on the use of "Sworn Affidavit" as apposed to the VA Statement in Support of Claim. Which ever you use, get your N&M Evidence in, yesterday. You may LUCK OUT and get an VARO Automatic Review of your Denial, triggered and Required by VA Reg upon receipt of your N&M Evidence. Could cut a couple years off your Appeal Wait Time.

Semper Fi