VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meniere's Disease

Rate this question

Noondog

Question

I have seen a few blogs on different sites regarding Meniere's Disease and SC; however I am still trying to get a better understanding from fellow Veterans who may be experiencing the same.  I am SC 20% for hearing loss and 10% for tinnitus.  I have severe pulsatile tinnitus (constant ringing in ears head), regular tinnitus that is periodical and temporary on a daily basis, headaches, sinus aches, vertigo and staggering.  My VA PCP told me that I have Miniere's Disease and I have set up appointments with a private ENT/Audiology Dr. and the VA Audiologist as I need a more precise diagnosis on the Meniere's.  Has anyone filed a new claim for Meniere's Disease after they have been provided with a SC rating for hearing loss and tinnitus?  I appreciate all of your consideration as I am looking at applying for SC with the Mineare's (getting to the point where I cannot drive anymore). Thanks again. Noondog

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I am in the same process as you currently and submitted all evidence. I have a va diagnosis of Meniere, civilian ent diagnosis dbq and nexus. And c&p exam results/medical opinion was in my favor also with service connection. I’m awaiting my outcome after submitting this and it was added to my previous Appel for my ears.