VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where's my rating/benefit letter??

Rate this question

Journey12

Question

Hello! After over five years, I was granted service connection on left knee and cold weather injury on both feet. On November 4th I received letter notifying me this decision. Unfortunately, letter did not include further instructions, such as when I'll receive rating and or benefit letter. I was sent for a cp exam within the last 6 months. Just curious of an estimated time frame that I'm looking at. Should I expect another long wait before I receive payment and notification from RO? I've read many stories where folks receive payment before their letter. However, I don't foresee this in my case, due to the fact they do not have my information, such as dependents. I appreciate any insight. Thank you.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello! After over five years, I was granted service connection on left knee and cold weather injury on both feet. On November 4th I received letter notifying me this decision. Unfortunately, letter did not include further instructions, such as when I'll receive rating and or benefit letter. I was sent for a cp exam within the last 6 months. Just curious of an estimated time frame that I'm looking at. Should I expect another long wait before I receive payment and notification from RO? I've read many stories where folks receive payment before their letter. However, I don't foresee this in my case, due to the fact they do not have my information, such as dependents. I appreciate any insight. Thank you.

"due to the fact they do not have my information, such as dependents. I appreciate any insight. Thank you."

Well, you might want to get an E Benefits account, and see what it shows. I'd say that it's really as much your responsibility to insure that the VA has correct information concerning you and any dependents that might change your compensation. Usually, but not always, you will receive a letter requesting deposit information and so forth. I'd expect to see it before the end of the year, perhaps in early December.

Thank you for responding. Ebenefits will not allow me to add dependents without a rating. I was able to enter my banking info. Ebenefits shows appeal closed, however, still indicates No on my service connection. Assuming this hasn't been updated by RO. Again, thanks for your response. 

ANNNND, be sure your Direct Deposit Checking Account is set up to TXT/Email you regarding all transactions. You should receive the Retro Deposit about 2 weeks before you actually receive the VA Award Letter. Soooooooooo, the wait is on!  Spend Wisely.

Happy Thanksgiving

Semper Fi

Thanks for your input. Ebenefits was recently updated. Indicating total combined 30% rating, 10% for each foot injury manifested by neuropathy as due to cold weather exposure and 10% for left knee, limitation of flexion, manifested by arthritis. I had a total knee replacement in 2012, just curious as to why knee rating isn't at bare minimum 30%. Is it likely RO has overlooked this in my file?? Hopefully will be receiving letter soon to clarify their conclusions.