VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SUCCESS

Rate this topic

wes1

Hello everyone,

Some good news finally. This has been an ongoing nightmare for ever, and I am almost at the end of the battle it seems.

On my claim that has been ongoing since May of 2011, here is what I see on E-benefits this morning.

I had been previously been granted

10% for tinnitus

20% for back problems

My file was remanded by the BVA back to the regional office  about 9 months ago, I was granted another exam for TBI due to an unqualified individual doing the exam.

here are the results that I see

Service Connection For Residuals Of Traumatic Brain Injury Is Granted With An Evaluation Of 40percent Effective May 31, 2011.

Service Connection For Migraine Headaches Is Granted With An Evaluation Of 30 Percenteffective May 31, 2011. A Noncompensable Evaluation Is Assigned From November 6, 2015.

Service Connection For Chronic Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood(claimed As Depression/anxiety) Is Granted With An Evaluation Of 70 Percent Effective May 31,2011.

Service Connection For Psychomotor Epilepsy (claimed As Seizures) Is Granted With Anevaluation Of 20 Percent Effective May 31, 20

Entitlement To Individual Unemployability (inferred)06/30/2015

Request 1

Due Date: 01/02/2016 Status: Needed

You may be entitled to compensation at the 100 percent rate if you are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation because of your service-connected disabilities. If you believe you qualify, complete, sign, and return the enclosed VA Form 21-8940, Veterans Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.

I'm not sure what it all means. Until I get the paperwork in the mail. Lets just hope they work in my favor some more.

The VA themselves initiated the unemployability. Ill start searching through the info here to see what I do with it when I get it :)

The only real issue I have here is the seizures should be at 100% by themselves and I will file for that.

Thanks everyone for the information that I have found on this site, I recommend everyone that's looks here and gathers info here become a member and support it so its here for the next guy that's in trouble. I am still not finished but it looks like I won the battler, just need to finish a few skirmishes.

Thanks again for your info and the advice I found on the site.

Wes1

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello everyone,

Some good news finally. This has been an ongoing nightmare for ever, and I am almost at the end of the battle it seems.

On my claim that has been ongoing since May of 2011, here is what I see on E-benefits this morning.

I had been previously been granted

10% for tinnitus

20% for back problems

My file was remanded by the BVA back to the regional office  about 9 months ago, I was granted another exam for TBI due to an unqualified individual doing the exam.

here are the results that I see

Service Connection For Residuals Of Traumatic Brain Injury Is Granted With An Evaluation Of 40percent Effective May 31, 2011.

Service Connection For Migraine Headaches Is Granted With An Evaluation Of 30 Percenteffective May 31, 2011. A Noncompensable Evaluation Is Assigned From November 6, 2015.

Service Connection For Chronic Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood(claimed As Depression/anxiety) Is Granted With An Evaluation Of 70 Percent Effective May 31,2011.

Service Connection For Psychomotor Epilepsy (claimed As Seizures) Is Granted With Anevaluation Of 20 Percent Effective May 31, 20

Entitlement To Individual Unemployability (inferred)06/30/2015

Request 1

Due Date: 01/02/2016 Status: Needed

You may be entitled to compensation at the 100 percent rate if you are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation because of your service-connected disabilities. If you believe you qualify, complete, sign, and return the enclosed VA Form 21-8940, Veterans Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.

I'm not sure what it all means. Until I get the paperwork in the mail. Lets just hope they work in my favor some more.

The VA themselves initiated the unemployability. Ill start searching through the info here to see what I do with it when I get it :)

The only real issue I have here is the seizures should be at 100% by themselves and I will file for that.

Thanks everyone for the information that I have found on this site, I recommend everyone that's looks here and gathers info here become a member and support it so its here for the next guy that's in trouble. I am still not finished but it looks like I won the battler, just need to finish a few skirmishes.

Thanks again for your info and the advice I found on the site.

Wes1

The form is at

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

The VA would like you to identify "which disability" is preventing you from working. The law requires them to consider the total disabilities combined, when they are service connected.

The form also has questions related to income that seem to be more oriented towards pension than TDIU. But the answers can be used as they are related to employment.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use