VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CAVC; The U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims

Rate this topic

Just wondering how many V.A. Claims are older than mine was before we finally made it to the CAVC? Nine Years...Filed Feb. 2006.

My first minor victory during my 1st year at the CAVC was having the Court deny V.A./B.V.A.'s Request for Dismissal; because "Veteran was Late appealing NOD".

The TRUTH was that the V.A. Regional's "Delivery" of the BVA "Final Decision" sent to me via 1st Class postage was 442 days not received.

Veteran Claimant had PROOF that V.A./B.V.A. were late and NOT Veteran. Off record, Veteran believes V.A. and CA Veterans Affairs; conspired to defraud Veteran.

The 2nd "victory" has been agreement from Appellee and Appellant's Counsel that ERROR existed and Remand was mutual agreement.

NOW we go back to the B.V.A./V.A., but STORY is different; Veteran now has legal Counsel and V.A./B.V.A. will have Order from Court for Expeditious ....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know ...

"Expeditious" can mean 6 months or a lot more.

My CAVC case was remanded back in May, and I'm still awaiting a decision.

My docket number at BVA is 07-00000, originally filed 2004.

I couldn't find your CAVC case but I did pick up on something else in a search.....and might just be a coincidence,.....

in any event..........

was the Hagel memo critical to your claim?

"The 2nd "victory" has been agreement from Appellee and Appellant's Counsel that ERROR existed and Remand was mutual agreement."

Was that what the error involved?

Remands...in my opinion,and personal experience,  whether from the BVA back to the RO, or remands from the CAVC should be followed ,if possible, by the claimant themselves, to the best of their ability.

To clarify...I mean the Chuck Hagel memo ( I think someone at CAVC has last name of Hagel too) regarding incountry Vietnanm vets who got bogus bad paper discharges as described here:

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta

Elementary question

Can a veteran follow appeals/remands on E-benefits?

Do they put everything on E-benefits?

IF Not how does the Veteran follow his appeal / remands?

..........Buck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use