VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T - Merry Christmas!

Rate this topic

justrluk

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That is just fantastic! Congratulations! 

:biggrin:

Santa came early by your place.  Grand news.  Take care of yourself and your family, you deserve to enjoy the victory. Congrats.

• HadIt.com Elder

So after all the years of working the VA claims as a part-time job, I received a call yesterday that my appeal/remand order was finally completed. He said the retro check should process within a few days. I was expecting a small percentage increase for the issue under appeal, but when I checked eBenefits this morning, I saw the new rating for the appealed issue: 100% (by itself). I then looked at my letters and saw the P&T box selected as 'Yes'. I'm still in shock. The retro wasn't what I thought it would be so I'll wait for the BBE to see the details. Also, judging by the new monthly compensation number, it looks like they are no longer recouping severance from my pay. Again, I'll have to wait for the BBE.

Next to my family, this is one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received. I cannot thank all of you here enough for encouragement and support through the hoops of fire that is the VA process for benefits. I really want to thank Carlie, Pete, GA poppa, Ms. Berta, Chuck and a host of others that my mind is racing far too fast to remember. Carlie practically walked me through the language needed to request P&T, but I never had to send the request. I talked the language as I went through each conversation and C&P exam. I can at least provide my kids with a college education and my wife with benefits should anything happen to me. I'll have to look at the full spectrum of benefits now that I'm P&T. I know GA offers an increased homestead exemption and disabled veteran plates for parking. I'm not sure what else is available and will search here (Hadit!) to find it.

God bless to all, and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year to all my brothers and sisters here!

Congratulations!

Anyway, Georgia has several things beyond what you mentioned. No or reduced fees related to a business. Free hunting/fishing license.

Free Driver's license.  Vehicle registration/tag free, but my county started charging a dollar to mail you the registration forms for the coming year.

One screwball detail. The DV plate is issued as two plates with one sticker. Georgia law states one plate, and each plate must have a current sticker.

It further states that you can have almost anything as the front plate.  I asked about this several years ago, and got huh? and run around answers.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use