VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerend Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I fell in the shower last week...my arm started to swell up at the elbow down to my hand,,it was painful but I didn't think I broke anything  so wife wanted me to go to VA get it checked...I did they x ray it  nothing was broke but said I has cutlive bone spurs in my elbow caused by blunt truma to the elbow  which I hit my elbow on  the soap caddy hanging on the shower head.

ok they sent me home wrap up in a bandages  and said to take  800 Ibprophen mg for inflammation and swelling of the joints.

and to come back in a week if not better..its not better  but a week will be this Tuesday.

Here is my question, I was looking at my healthyvet notes last night and the RN I seen for this had put down he  ask me if I had any of these symptoms he I  said no to all these question's.

Do you have trouble sleeping...no....which I do I use a VA C-Pap...OSA

Does your urine smell bad no...which it does   having prostate problems with a swelled prostate  take meds for it

Do you  get dizzy at times...no...>which I do at times

Do you have problems thinking/concentrating  remembering things no.....>which I do a lot

Do you have night mares  no...>which I do due to flashbacks cause by PTSD dx by VA

Do you have thoughts of suicide  no...,>which I have many times

and about 4 0r 5 more questions related to MH type questions

He never ask me any of those questions and now its in my VA Notes.

I thought something was ''fishy''about that because they all know I have a claim in for PTSD.

This RN is my PCP Nurse....but however my PCP mention to me she has nothing to do with my MH Dr's  she said they  do my MH & PTSD and prescribe my meds for it.

All he did was a Temp & BP Test & oximeter on my finger.  wrapped my elbow with bandages.

No questions was ask other wise.

This pisses me off because I have a new claim in for PTSD(gathering evidence phase)  And I never was ask any of these questions  he only ask me about my arm and what happen   had me to go get it X-RAY..&  He wrap my elbow told me to take the ibuprofen &come back within a week if not better.

I Probably will have to go back up there and see him Tuesday  should I take copies of his notes and show him and ask why he lied like that? or just go straight to the Hospital Director?

............Thanks 

.........................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Ive been harping on this for a while.  This is a classic example of falsification of medical records.  This is a federal crime, so it doesn't matter where it occurs.  This is also par for the course, a systemic issue in the VA.

I spoke w/patient advocate about this level of stuff, as well as the safety officer and the chief of staff, they all just seem to poo poo it off like nothings wrong.

Edited by pwrslm

Buck, I read somewhere on hadit that there was a way to have your records amended but can't remember where I saw it. Check hadit and ask the elders here.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I am not sure this will hurt my claim because I can prove him wrong with other medical records  its just that I know the VA has a right to look at my VA Medical Notes and could use this against me in my claim...it just makes the vet work harder and dig for records that he should not have to do time and time again.

Frustrated Buck  eh!

Buck, sir if you have proof, evidence to contradict what a lowly pawn in this game, has stated, I am not sure that I would pursue unless your credibility is in question. Let me clarify, not at this juncture.  Once it goes up beyond the local level I think it gets easier to take the VA indiscretions and use those very things against them.  That is  just my opinion though.  I will be sure to let you know how it works out.  Calling VA shenanigans out at the local level is quite a bit different than once you get up the chain.

I rebutted every angle against my claims during the DRO's and I failed miserably, not because I was wrong, just wasn't quite playing the way I should.  But I learned how the VA conducts business up front and personal.  

Much like a sniper leads and hunt's their target, I guess I will find out who winds up in whose crosshairs. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Poof.  Target down.  

"fight till your last breath"

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree with ya ArNG11 & The Others too.

Buck

Its 38 CFR 1.579 which reads:

§ 1.579 Amendment of records.

(a) Any individual may request amendment of any Department of Veterans Affairs record pertaining to him or her. Not later than 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) after the date or receipt of such request, the Department of Veterans Affairs will acknowledge in writing such receipt. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete the review to amend or correct a record as soon as reasonably possible, normally within 30 days from the receipt of the request (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) unless unusual circumstances preclude completing action within that time. The Department of Veterans Affairs will promptly either:
(1) Correct any part thereof which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete; or
(2) Inform the individual of the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend the record in accordance with his or her request, the reason for the refusal, the procedures by which the individual may request a review of that refusal by the Secretary or designee, and the name and address of such official.
(Authority: 5 U.S.C. 552a(d)(2))