VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has this happened to anyone?

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

I have a NOD/Appeal in for increase.  Last week, the status totally disappeared from EBenefits.  It was in the "Gathering of Evidence" phase.  Called Peggy, and she said that it is still pending, and has been received by Regional Office.  Now, the claim was completed by the Togus, Maine RO, but I am in the Philly RO area.  On December 24th, I got a call from Philly VAMC, but they did not leave a message.  I am not treated in Philly, but treated at Lebanon, PA VAMC.  Has this happened to anyone?  No one at VAMC knows who called or why.  Wouldn't the Togus, Maine RO handle the appeal since they are the ones who completed the claim, or would it get sent to my RO in Philly?  Just wondering who could have called from Philly VAMC?  Very confused!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I did have one claim outsourced to a less busy RO years ago, but that was before ebenefits ever existed. It should not matter which RO updates ebenefits because it is the same system, but for your status to completely disapper makes me scratch my head.

Years ago, I had my VA claim outsourced to a less busy RO in a different state. I never received any letters from that RO, but when they finished processing, they sent my files back to my RO and I heard back from them. I speculate that the Togus RO finished your claim and sent it back to the Philly RO to contact you. Some RO's will actually call veterans when they finish processing in order to discuss the findings and make sure they did not miss anything. I had this happen personally on a couple of different claims a few years ago. I am not sure if this is common practice across all regions.

Perhaps, you might call the Philly VAMC's C&P office to see if they might be the ones who called. Sometimes the VARO might complete some claims and defer others due to needing new C&P exams. I am only speculating, but trying to help wrap some sense around your situation.

I hope this helps.

I called Philly VAMC C&P, and Claims office, but no one there new who called, or why.  As for my appeal disappearing, it disappeared last week, and just shows a blank page.  Peggy said it was still active, and yet to be reviewed, then gave me the "it could take up to 240 days" speech.  This whole thing has me clueless.  I wish they were more helpful in letting us know the status.  If it was still listed as "Gathering of Evidence", I would be more patient.  But the blank page, and that call have me wondering what is going on.

Your input helps a lot!  I appreciate you and everyone one here!

Yeah, the VA shields internal names and phone numbers to "protect" employees from angry callers.

The 240 days speech was part of their response script.

Perhaps it might be an ebenefits technical issue or bug? Try calling them and their support team might be able to shed some light on it: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/contact

eBenefits Questions and Technical Issues

1-800-983-0937

Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET

Glad to help! I hope that they can help you out.