VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RO Coaches?

Rate this question

CHerv08

Question

Hey Everyone,

This may be something that has been discussed before, but I tried to do my due diligence and research with no avail. Therefore, I come to the community I know will have the resources to help me get the info I am looking for.

So recently I was talking with my VSO and I wanted to check the status of my claim. It had been in the ever wonderful "gathering evidence" phase for sometime now and I like to check now and then whats going on. Her response was interesting to me - she stated that my claim was moved to a specific individual who is a Team Coach (I believe at the Regional Office) and is handling the action.

So I was wondering - what really happens? What is the process for the claim from the inside of the VA? Are their really teams that work these claims together? I guess it's just my way of trying to figure out this strange system.

Thanks Guys!

-C

Hey Everyone,

This may be something that has been discussed before, but I tried to do my due diligence and research with no avail. Therefore, I come to the community I know will have the resources to help me get the info I am looking for.

So recently I was talking with my VSO and I wanted to check the status of my claim. It had been in the ever wonderful "gathering evidence" phase for sometime now and I like to check now and then whats going on. Her response was interesting to me - she stated that my claim was moved to a specific individual who is a Team Coach (I believe at the Regional Office) and is handling the action.

So I was wondering - what really happens? What is the process for the claim from the inside of the VA? Are their really teams that work these claims together? I guess it's just my way of trying to figure out this strange system.

Thanks Guys!

-C

you got actions on your claim you just have  to wait awhile longer for a decision

Thanks RU,

I guess my question needed to be more directed. - What is a Team Coach? What is this person responsible for? What is the process for how the claims are handled? Are they given to a Team Member then given to the Coach for review?

Thanks!

- C

Awesome - I really appreciate the response and the help.

I have this strange hobby of wanting to learn everything and anything about the system as much as I can. I look at it like a game of cards, and wanting to know everything and anything about the game. How can you master something you don't know or understand?

I love reading this message board because I come across all different types of road maps to success to better help my position.

-C

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

A coach is not supposed to be a noob rater, but you never know...

While waiting on a couple of previous claims, I actually had a couple of folks at the RO personally call me. They explained their tentative findings and wanted to make sure it met what I expected. I let them know it did. They also mentioned that the claims would be sent through "quality control" to verify everything was handled correctly and then sent up for approval. In both cases, I was due retro, which could have been why. The guy reminded me to wait until the official award letter was received before prematurely going shopping. They never did this back in the old days. I also heard elsewhere that only some RO's do this and only in some situations.

Remember one thing: even though the VA is supposed to be consistent and perfect, they are anything but that.

A coach is not supposed to be a noob rater, but you never know...

While waiting on a couple of previous claims, I actually had a couple of folks at the RO personally call me. They explained their tentative findings and wanted to make sure it met what I expected. I let them know it did. They also mentioned that the claims would be sent through "quality control" to verify everything was handled correctly and then sent up for approval. In both cases, I was due retro, which could have been why. The guy reminded me to wait until the official award letter was received before prematurely going shopping. They never did this back in the old days. I also heard elsewhere that only some RO's do this and only in some situations.

Remember one thing: even though the VA is supposed to be consistent and perfect, they are anything but that.

Thanks Vync!

I appreciate the insight, it helps understand it a little more. I would hope that a noob is not a coach! I am really in no rush to get this claims processed - I just want to make sure the process is done right.

I know that the VA  ... tries ... to be perfect and consistent - that's why it's up to this community to keep them on the right path, or get called out on their BS!

-C