VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Never seen a IU claim move so fast!!!!!

Rate this question

ogj23

Question

I had a C&P exam on the 29th and the has been completed on the 31st that's fast. I don't know if that's good or bad, the claim is for IU they say the letter will be mailed out on the 4th. I checked the A8B letter no changes to it yet hopefully it changes on the 4th. If any one has any thoughts please post them. Thanks

I noted that the EB site was moving fast over the last 2 days.  I think they are pushing numbers for the end of month/quarter/year.  I had a reconsideration request, and a claim for temp total disability (convalescence) sitting there going nowhere for 1.5 months under prep for decision, and all of a sudden yesterday it hit pending decision approval, and today, prep for notification.

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

"Mov'em Out! (Raw Hide!)

I believe that you hit the nail exactly.  I received a "BB" about a week ago. The contents showed that the case was really rushed through,

and there are several rather obvious (At least to me) errors in law that were made.  Back on the appeal merry go round! (Sigh!)

The deals not done, till the RETRO HITS. Did your 12/31 Comp check  reflect your new IU Award? Retro usually hits the bank 2-3 weeks before actual Award Letter arrives.

Semper Fi

Let's hope your claim is not one of the many denied quickly and forced into a 5 year wait for a BVA appeal.  Yea, the denials are coming out with amazing rapidity, and then you get in a 4-5 year waiting list line for BVA appeals.  Taking a claim which is supposed to be completed within a year, denying it, and putting it in a 5 year appeal wait makes sense to politicians, just not to Veterans.   Like yourself, I got my TDIU SOC( which, of course, means denied) in a few short months, and its now in a 5 year BVA waiting list.  (Im hoping mine will be less than 5 years because its a re REmand, but that remains to be determined).   

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet, Just my opinion here

but I think when a veteran already SC. FOR A 90% or higher % they tend to not get in a hurry for that veterans claim...why? I think maybe they do the younger veterans claims before vs working an older vets claim...sure seems like it .

nothing against the younger veterans  & I realize they also have to wait long times for their claims too

broncovet you should try to write your congressman or anyone higher up as for as helping with VA Claims

have you contacted The New Undersecretary of VA?

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52