VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I have a claim I put in a claim for Lung disease, Sinusitis

Rate this question

Army man 2

Question

I have been out of the Army since 2103 and just been treated for Mild to moderate restrictive lung disease Chronic granulomatous disease.  I had a motorcycle accident back in 2009 and three broken ribs and a puncture lung. I do have ribs on my VA Disability showing service connected already. I have granulomatous disease  noted on my 2009 X-ray while on Active Duty and I have numerous documents showing me being treated for Sinusitis on my Active duty record.

Here is my current conditions.

This is what was put in my Medical Note from the doctor

Mild to moderate restrictive lung disease Chronic granulomatous disease, stable; Can follow up in one year with repeat PFT to assess progression of disease This is what the result I get on a chest X ray I have a history of bronchiolitis and sinusitis

Radiology: CT Chest shows:Stable calcified mediastinal and hilar adenopathy dating back to 2009 while in Active Duty. This finding along with calcified granuloma in the right upper lobe, suggest etiology from prior granulomatous disease exposure.

Ongoing but to a much lesser extent right upper lobe findings suggestive of mild chronic inflammation/bronchiolitis

Spirometry test results

FVC 58%

FEV1:
57%

FEV1/FVC: 76%

TLC: 70%

RV: 85%

I put in a claim for Lung disease, Sinusitis. I have already put in this claim and wondering what my chance of get some disablites or any other advise you can give me

Edited by Army man 2

3 answers to this question

Army man:

You left out a key piece of information.  Did a doctor opine that your lung disease is as least as likely as not related to service?  That "nexus" is a deal maker/deal breaker. A "secondary" nexus will suffice.  In other words, if you are SC for Sinusitus, then you may get by with a doc statement that your current lung condition is secondary to sinusitis, for example.    Without a doctors nexus, you are highly unlikely to get service connected.  Even with one, you may still have to appeal.  

Edited by broncovet

You should get a copy of your cfile, or at least your medical exams.  Read them.  If you dont have a nexus, then you should know this is going nowhere until you get one.  You may be able to get one with an IME/IMO.  

This is what my Lung Doctor wrote. I have not had a C/P on this Claim of yet.

Here is a little more information to add. I have all my medical records from active duty. I had six indecent where I was treated for Sinus.

I have three x ray showing granulomatous disease exposure one in 2007 2009 and VA did one in 2013 when I got out of Military and I just had one again by VA in 2015