VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

varo audit request for comp discrepancy

Rate this question

ollie100

Question

hi all..so I have what I believe is an underpayment of my va comp..called the 800 help line, the person noticed the discrepancy but could offer no further help except to say I should request an audit and contact a VSO on how to get that done.....I called the vso office, they require an appointment, and none are available until the end of february. 

I'm on my own with this.  I tried Google but couldn't find anything....Has anyone ever requested an audit?..or has an idea of what I should do?...thanks in advance.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I did request an audit, but it had to do with getting the VA to refund co-pay and other medical treatment related expenses.

The email "Bob" "nuclear" option  -   robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov  - can be a desirable option, and may actually produce fairly prompt results.

Remember that the VA's idea of prompt is not what you or I would think.

I'd mention that the phone call to the 800 number was not very helpful, along with

(keep it short) enough detail to identify the problem.

(I had some success using it when the VARO clearly failed to properly rate a claim, to the extent that I was being underpaid several hundred dollars a month.)

The VARO did a fast correction when they were "pinged" by the home office.

Thanks  for  the advice  Chuck...I've  tried  to  resolve  this with IRIS  too...the response  from that, which took 3 months, was even less  helpful than the 800  operator...I've done some  research and see  that every  varo  has a finance  department..I'll forward  an audit  request to  those  folks and see what  happens, im  thinking it will  open an administrative review.