VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tomorrow is my PTSD C& P NERVOUS!

Rate this question

pumibel

Question

Hi everyone! I have not been in here for a while since I have started some classes. I bet I have some catching up to do! Last week I received a phone call from VES to schedule all of my exams ASAP, so tomorrow is my PTSD exam. I have been stressing about it for the past few days, but I know that cannot help. Next week I have to see the dentist on the 25th, a regular general medical doctor on the 27th, and on the 29th I have a bunch of X-rays and an echo-cardiogram scheduled. 

The VA had sent me a letter, dated for the 24th of December 2015, stating that they could not settle my case under the FDC program because they needed to know where all of my aches and pains were located. I was not surprised that they were going to remove my claim from the FDC, but the reasoning was suspect. I had provided all of the pain locations on my claim, and when I go to eBennies and look at my pending claim, I can see all of the places listed. Today I received another VA letter stating that the Dec letter was an error, and that all of my appointments would be scheduled very soon, so my claim would stay in the FDC program after all. yay!

I still do not know where my STRs are! The agencies from which I have requested my records (except for my local VA records) have all sent me letters stating that they do not have them. Argh!

I hope everyone here has had a pleasant holiday season and a good start for the new year!

EDIT: I was going to ask a few questions, and I totally forgot! Here are my most pressing ones:

Should I bring notes with me?

What do they do during the PTSD C&P? I have only answered some survey questions in the past and didn't discuss the actual event. I am very anxious about that!

Edited by pumibel
Forgot to ask my questions!

• HadIt.com Elder

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.103

you may need to get an IMO and submit it with your jaw claim.

I hear ya about the snow that's suppose to be bad in the Mid to Northeast of the country.

I am in Dallas Tx  So for the bad weather by-passed us  it got down in the lower 30's last night but the wind chill was pretty bad   so for today its sunny and suppose to get up in the late 40's/50's

hunker down and stay home if you can.

hopefully this storm will not last and be better weather soon.

keep warm

..........Buck

Edited by Buck52

16 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.103

you may need to get an IMO and submit it with your jaw claim.

I hear ya about the snow that's suppose to be bad in the Mid to Northeast of the country.

I am in Dallas Tx  So for the bad weather by-passed us  it got down in the lower 30's last night but the wind chill was pretty bad   so for today its sunny and suppose to get up in the late 40's/50's

hunker down and stay home if you can.

hopefully this storm will not last and be better weather soon.

keep warm

..........Buck

OMG I live in Dallas, TX too!!  What a small World!

Buck,

Thanks, I plan on call my dentist for an appointment within the next week or so. 

Was a toasty warm 15 degrees when I left for work this morning.  Got no plans to go nowhere over the next few days.  Got my snowblower all gassed up and jerry can topped off too!  More than half my neighbors are AARP types or older and they depend on my willingness to stay out in it, to clear their drives and sidewalks.

Semper Fi,

Andyman

On 1/22/2016 at 9:07 AM, Andyman73 said:

pumibel,

At least you were granted an exam for your jaw pain.  VARO told me on the phone, that half a dozen entries in my STR isn't enough for her to schedule me for a C&P exam for my painful jaw condition.

Andy

That sounds like laziness, Andy! Who really has extensive dental records in their STR anyway? They only looked at us once a year, and the dentist is only going to start therapy when there is significant damage to the jaw. The damage may start in your STR, but the real troubles with TMD are not going to be debilitating until years later in most cases. My experience with military docs was that your aches and pains were "normal" and the large Motrin pills would fix it. Veterans become chronically ill and disabled later because the docs leave these issues to get worse. One entry in the STR (even one showing that they blew your issue off) should be enough since it establishes that your complaint is not new. Current symptoms and damage can prove that you have been suffering from a chronic untreated problem.

On 1/22/2016 at 1:10 AM, Gastone said:

This is definitely the 11th Hour, so not much more you can do, other than show up and be yourself.

At or near the end of your PTSD C & P Exam, ask the Dr what the his verdict is, do you or don't you have PTSD. If your C & P is held at your VMC, the C & P DBQ should appear in your MHV Med records sometime towards the end of next week, or sooner.

Review the C & P DBQ and compare it to the 38 CFR 4 for PTSD or what ever type of MH DX the C & P Dr assigns you with. Then it's all up to the Rater.

Post a redacted copy, will be very informative.

Semper Fi

Well, she told me that she felt like all of my current psychiatric problems began after the triggering events that I described, which was definitely during my active duty service. She was not a provider at my VAMC. She had been contracted by VES, and she has a private practice. I was hoping that I would have something in my HealtheVet records soon, but I have no idea if her results will be accessible through that system. I have authorized the VA to share with outside doctors, but I don't know if that is relevant either.

Pumibel;

Any outside records for a C&P Exam are not accessible through MyHealthyVets and usually they are not available until after the decision/rating has been completed.

Did you go through QTC (contracted with VA)?