VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do Oral Scars count as "Scars of head, face, or neck?"

Rate this question

SemperAye

Question

My claim back in 2014 it was found that my tongue scar was 7822-7800 rated at 10% due to the Characteristic of Disfigurement width measurement. 

My 2015 reconsideration claim to add a separate code of 7804 for the account that it is also painful was successful, but, they removed the 7800 code for head, face, or neck. The changed it to 7822-7802 so it's still 10% lol....those bastards.

So my question is, does it still count as head, face, or neck 7800? It's my understanding that every conflict should be resolved in favor of the higher rating. I mean...it would be a CUE to not see that my tongue is inside my head lol!

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

I am not an expert when it comes to ratings and conditions. I am rated for 10% for Damage of Cranial Nerve, but it is actually for A throat surgery I had thru the Navy Hospital that went wrong. The Doc Cut my throat and Tongue pretty bad, and burned alot of the taste buds. I did not even know to apply for this, and so the VA granted me SC but really did not have a specific Condition to rate it for. I am rated 30% for Scars totally separate that includes alot of scars from body, that includes multiple surgeries and MRSA. So I really dont know what to say, except that I am one of the few Vets that I know that has a High % for Scars. Most guys get 0% and very few granted 10% or higher. Good luck and keep us posted