VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC EXAM PTSD Increase

Rate this question

willidx4

Question

I had a QTC exam for a PTSD increase on 1/19 (30 percent currently) The exam lasted 20 minutes at best. First of all the appointment was at 9:30am the doctor did not call me back until 9:45 it appeared she just walked into her office because the computer was still booting and she had her coat on. As I sat down the Doctor asked me what  stressors gave me PTSD. I responded with "did the VA give you my MH records?"The doctors exact words were "yes but I need you to tell me so I can build your case for an increase." I gave her a run down on my symptoms and she stopped me after 30 seconds and said "Im going to recommend an increase". The doctor then asked me about my employment  history and if I had ever been fired from any jobs. I told her I had been from several jobs due to my inability to work under stress and angry outburst.She thanked me for my time told me again she would recommend an increase.She also stated "but the VA doesnt always listen to me" which I thought was odd. I thought the C&P examiners findings carried the most weight in determiing compensation? I have no idea what I could have said in such a short time for her to decide to grant an increase but I will take it.:blink:

Edited by willidx4

Hi Willidx,

I have been going to my C&P exams in NC as well, and so far my experiences have been positive. Finding these places and showing up is hard enough, so I am glad she did not make you go through details again. I agree- keep thinking positive! Where was your C&P doctor located? (if you don't mind me asking)

willidx4 take it as good sign.  I will let you know the VA will shop for drs to try to deny your case. But if you have strong evidence I would not worry until there is a reason to.  I would suggest you do not worry about that for now.  You can't really do anything about it until a decision is rendered.

I would look at this as a positive sign.  If you want to concentrate on something, concentrate on the fact that the Dr stated she "would recommend an increase". That is good news!

• HadIt.com Elder

I would think its a good exam and the Dr was favorable to you, was this Dr Gordon? physiatrist from

from QTC in Euless Tx?

I just seen her yesterday, but she never commented on my claim rather or not favorable or not?

she said I didn't need to tell her about my stressors  , she said read them in my records & did not want to put me through all that , I said thank you.

but I like her and the way she conducted the exam,  my exam was about 75 Minutes

guess we'll both find out in about a month or two.

good Luck Buddy

...............Buck

3 hours ago, ArNG11 said:

willidx4 take it as good sign.  I will let you know the VA will shop for drs to try to deny your case. But if you have strong evidence I would not worry until there is a reason to.  I would suggest you do not worry about that for now.  You can't really do anything about it until a decision is rendered.

I would look at this as a positive sign.  If you want to concentrate on something, concentrate on the fact that the Dr stated she "would recommend an increase". That is good news!

Thats good advice man

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I would think its a good exam and the Dr was favorable to you, was this Dr Gordon? physiatrist from

from QTC in Euless Tx?

I just seen her yesterday, but she never commented on my claim rather or not favorable or not?

she said I didn't need to tell her about my stressors  , she said read them in my records & did not want to put me through all that , I said thank you.

but I like her and the way she conducted the exam,  my exam was about 75 Minutes

guess we'll both find out in about a month or two.

good Luck Buddy

...............Buck

No its was a Doc out of NC