VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some success but unsure on next step

Rate this topic

Detonator

Hi everyone, my insomnia was increased from 10% to 50% to now include depression & anxiety. I thought depression would have been listed as a secondary condition but I'm okay with the increase. I was also awarded bi-lateral radiculopathy at 10% for each leg which is great. These awards increased me from an overall 50% for the last 19 years to now 80% overall. So thankful. :)

However, I did request an increase for my degenerative disc disease in my lower back which has always been at 20% but it was denied because the doctor did not do any measurements at the C&P. The C&P doctor felt conducting measurements would have exacerbated my condition (My back was very bad on the C&P exam day). His lower back C&P report was well done (very accurate diagnoses) but lacked any measurements. I have one year from the date of the award letter to do something. 

Should I get an outside doctor to do a DBQ with the measurements and submit as additional evidence for consideration?

Should I try to get an outside doctor to only do the DBQ measurements, document and submit those physician notes?

Should I file a NOD or appeal?

I explained what happened to my VA primary and asked if he would do a DBQ so I could get lower back measurements...he has been treating me for 10 years and basically told me to pound sand. He was a serous jerk and even half-documented our phone conversation in my benefits notes.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the increase bud. As far as an increase for your back, you should go get an IMO as that would be better for your case then not having anything at all.  As far as the Docs not wanting to fill out the DBQs, sadly that is just how it is these days. Currently there is no VA Instruction on file that I know of, that requires the Docs to fill out DBQs. Good luck and wish you the best. Keep us posted

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use