VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied everything.

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

I know it's not official until you get the letter in your mailbox, but I just looked on ebennies for the first time since last Thursday and saw all my current contentions are denied. 

This is after I spoke with the VARO on the phone, and after she said which one's were go and which were no go.  Even the one the examiner wrote at least as likely caused by another SCD!  And she said it would be granted, probably only at the 10% level.  It was supposed to be a secondary, but ebennies shows it as primary.

Anyone got a one way ticket to Mars they aren't using, cuz I already been to Death Valley!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Andy,
Got my fingers crossed for you. Just remember how screwed up ebenefits has been since they rolled it out. Then remember that the people behind that site are about as reliable as the information on it. I hope you get better news on paper.

Do you have a VSO? Perhaps they might be able to provide some insight...

I'm sorry you are going through this, Andie, but maybe Vync is right, and the eBennies is not accurate. Wait for the official letter, and then get started on those appeals if your worst fear is confirmed.

Andyman, I agree, ebennies is not always accurate. Were your claims all for secondary conditions? Wait for the BBE and see if they considered all of your evidence. Did your MH Dr write you a statement in support of your MH claim being secondary to chronic pain?

Thanks, Green.

Vync,

VSO was the one that told me all were being being denied before they even got to the VARO.  Yah, I know eBenefits is more wrong than right.

Pumi,

Yah, that's just it,  clear the wait list by denying all, so the appeals list grows and grows.

flores97,

They were half and half. The depression was secondary to chronic pain, but ebennies has it listed as secondary only to knee pain SCD.  The R ankle was secondary to feet, but is listed as primary contention.  That one specifically was to be granted as per VARO!  MH said he can't write me a letter directly, due to local VAMC regs, but he will do a depression DBQ during my next session and use the notes in that to give his opinion. The MH examiner did not use a DBQ for my C&P exam!

Also, no reply yet from his honor Sec. McDonald, sec of VA.

Andy, it might be a good idea to print out your dbq, stick a note on the front asking your doc if he can go ahead and fill it out, (at his convenience), and take it up to the docs office and drop it off. I did that myself with my va pcp, (for lupus), and it took about a week. That way it will be completed at your next appt, and he might even go into extra detail for you if he has more time. Could be even better if you print out (from myhealthevet) his notes from all relevant treatments and include that with the dbq. I hope that helps, and Good Luck Andyman!