VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% PTSD Schedular W/SMC S Housbound

Rate this question

wnappster

Question

I was recently increased from 70% to 100% PTSD Schedular w/SMC S housebound which was backdated to Jan 2014 with future exams. I had filed for an increase based on TDIU but was denied that an per the VA it is a moot point. Is it possible to get this changed to P&T with no future exams? What are the steps to do this? My original PTSD rating goes back to 2011. My private Psychologist is 100% behind me but of course the VA Dr is more like a pill doctor. 

Somehow the VA frowns upon private Psych doctors. They feel it is bias because a VA Psych is not saying the same thing as your private doctor is. Like you said the VA Psych primarily gives medicine. I don't understand why VA does this because if it is coming from a licensed doctor then what does it matter. If I were you I would ask the VA Psych to give their opinion based off what your private psych said. Show the VA psych the information that the private doc said and give their insight. Good Luck. 

" I don't understand why VA does this because if it is coming from a licensed doctor then what does it matter "

I agree with you.

" If I were you I would ask the VA Psych to give their opinion based off what your private psych said. Show the VA psych the information that the private doc said and give their insight."

I have asked him to do this but he said he is not authorized to do it.

I will continue the fight.

Since the PTSD has been established, then at this point ,an IMO from the

private Psych doctor could bolster a P & T claim. Mont's suggestion is good but an IMO might be a lot better...even if there would be a fee for it....

It seems to me, since they gave you the HB award, that if one is housebound , along with PTSD,

how would VA expect all of that to significantly improve in the future?

Berta

I did submit a letter from my psychologist with the claim that increased me from 70 to 100 and it did state that I was unable to maintain or seek gainful employment. Maybe I will get another one from a paid IMO psychologist stating the same thing. Does anyone know of a psychologist  that would reviews mental health records and do an IMO ? I have looked in my area but unable to find one.

Try Brett Valette...his contact info should be here somewhere.

Also he did one or two Radio shows with us  along with Dr Bash and John Dorle.I am sure he gave his contact info out in this show we did: