VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% PTSD Scheduler and Work?

Rate this question

Bobgeorge

Question

I have been discussing the subject question with a friend.  If you are 100% for PTSD does it make you "unemployable"?  I realize that it would be difficult to work, but does the 100% PTSD rating prevent you from working?

Thank you.

BobGeorge

Down and dirty...by definition, yes.  Take a look at the award criteria and that should answer your question.  Technically, you can work as 100% scheduler, but I believe that if I was able to work, I would see a reduction in my 70% PTSD, based again on the award requirements.

IMHO, I think the criteria precludes any type of work.

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.100%

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, Bobgeorge said:

Checkbox for 100%?

On the DBQ Questionnaire, in most cases, which box is marked in that section correlates to the award percentage.  The criteria for award for each percentage mirrors these boxes verbatim.  There are always exceptions, but that seems to be the norm.  Logically, I think Total Occupational Impairment would preclude work and I would not be surprised in the least if it triggered a reduction.  Just my opinion.  Hope this helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is possible to "work" and still be considered 100% for PTSD But, there are some "sticky wickets" that have to be dealt with.

Think sheltered work places, family owned business, and so forth. The VA would likely want to argue, and all the i's and t's need to be dotted and crossed.