VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Appeal Hearing Results

Rate this topic

Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

After ten plus years, it looks like the fight still goes on!

Most of the details are more or less resolved, but there are a couple of outstanding ones that nobody seems to want to deal with.

At least the BVA hearing resulted in a five figure retro award. But it looks like another go around will be needed to actually obtain an increase

to the present compensation amount.  I had hoped to get off the "Hamster Wheel", but it looks like another round will be needed.

Edited by Chuck75
correction

Other than getting on the hamster wheel again, that's not good, however, take the win and go with it.  That latter is the good news Chuck. Fight on.

• HadIt.com Elder
7 hours ago, DICK HILL said:

Congrats on what you just got accomplished.  Keep the fight going until you get what you truly believe you deserve.

The SOC was so brief that I'm still trying to figure out the gory details! Perhaps things will be clearer when E Bennies gets updated.  There was a missive from the BVA in late December showing that maybe they decided an issue in my favor, and remanded other issues. The SOC dated towards the end of January showed the award I mentioned, and makes it appear that some EDDs were revised to earlier dates. Beyond that, I have no idea what was really done. The Feb 1 compensation payment was unchanged, but that may be due to timing, or no additional compensation awarded. I just have to wait and see.  (It ain't over til' the fat lady sings!) 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use