VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying to get C-File

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

So I looked on eBene and it said my freedom on information act request would take anywhere from a year to 2 years. I sent it in Nov 2015 and they said it can take until the end on 2017. Does anyone know of a way I can appeal to get my C-File faster? The only reason I ask is that my Service Medical records are In there and without them..no IME. The IME is needed for the appeal and I don't want to have one down until all the records are in place.

Thoughts? 

3 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, ShuMan said:

So I looked on eBene and it said my freedom on information act request would take anywhere from a year to 2 years. I sent it in Nov 2015 and they said it can take until the end on 2017. Does anyone know of a way I can appeal to get my C-File faster? The only reason I ask is that my Service Medical records are In there and without them..no IME. The IME is needed for the appeal and I don't want to have one down until all the records are in place.

Thoughts? 

Email your local congressman, that is what I did and I got in touch with my local military and veteran affairs liaison who is currently helping me.  I have my DRO review hearing at the end of the month and I am missing two years worth of medical records that I need for the hearing...

I agree with Navy, Shuman, contacting your congressman is definitely your best chance, it worked for me as well. Good Luck!!