VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CAN'T POST REPLY

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Again I am having reply problems.A few the other day but this one is back .

I just spent quite a bit of time responding to this question below, with countless District /Regional GC contact numbers and also the main OGC phone number and fax number I used for years.

The reply area to the link below shows me a past reply and even if I erase it I cannot post the info I saved in Word.

HOWEVER, if the poster sees this..I assume You still have an attorney who dealt with this.

They know who ,at the OGC, should have obtained the evidence that you said they did not have.

Also the attorney should have it and contact them and send it to them.

if you some lawyer who is intimidated by OGC, do it yourself and contact General Counsel yourself.

test...looks like I can post the reply here...I cant post it at the thread it belongs in.

"The General Counsel’s contact info is often hard to find.

The main contact number I used for many years was:

1-202-273-6660.  I know that number by heart but checked my old phone logs and that always got me to OGC lawyers.

The fax number I used years ago was Fax 1-202-273-6385

I think they might have changed these numbers by now. Not sure.

However more recent contacts I had involved the OGC accreditation email below this list…but I would have to dig around for the last phone number I used in that regard.

Is your lawyer dealing with a District (aka Regional VA lawyer) or directly with the OGC in Washington DC? (it appears he/she dealt directly with OGC in DC)

After the OGC reply was noted in the decision, you are saying:

"because she got her answer from OGC who never saw the report "

How do you know they never got the report?

I don’t doubt you at all due to my past VA experiences, but seems to me your lawyer knows who he/she dealt with and should be jumping on this for you.

I even wonder if the OGC saw any of the probative evidence, such as this:

“Well I submitted in with the report his 13 page resume dealing out degree in mechanical engineering, 20 years as a forensic senior engineer, 9 years as a mechanical engineer for the navy, written 41 published articles dealing with testing with seatbelts, 6 presentations on seatbelts in front of the worlds congress, 4 certificates of crash data analyst's and technician. He has received 9 awards, 2 patents dealing with impact injury testing, and lastly he has been an instructor 42 times dealing with crash protection system testing for the navy.He worked with the officer specifically in charge of my crash as well.”

My first FTCA case was denied because the RO withheld evidence from the C & P doctor and also from the Office of General Counsel.

It was also denied because a very favorable Peer review report that supported my malpractice charges ‘disappeared’ from the VA. The VA doc and the Regional counsel who wanted to settlement with me in mere months after filing my SF 95 also ‘disappeared’ too.(but I found them) and even OMLA VA ( Office of Medical-Legal VA) told me this report had never even existed.

I had to fight the OGC without it.

Years later it showed up right at the bottom of my C file! I used to succeed in my AO IHD death claim.

This crap might not have happened to me if I had a lawyer for the FTCA….

You Have a lawyer.I assume you still have one. If they are too intimidated by the OGC, call the OGC yourself.

These are VA District Counsel offices:

Continental - East

AR, LA, MS

Sonya Cromwell (Jackson)

(601) 364-1261

Continental - West

CO, MT, OK, TX, UT, WY

Jeffrey Stacey (Denver)

(303) 914-5810

Midwest - East

IN, MI, OH

Dennis McGuire (Columbus)

(614) 388-7039

Midwest - West

IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD, WI

Brent Pope (Chicago)

(708) 202-2216

North Atlantic - North

CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

George Burns (Brooklyn)

(718) 630-2900

North Atlantic - South

DC, MD, NC, VA, WV

Dan Rattray (Winston-Salem)

(336) 631-5014

Pacific - North

AK, CA (Northern), HI, ID, NV, OR, WA

Suzanne Will (San Francisco)

(415) 750-2288

Pacific - South

AZ, CA (Southern), NM

Mark Romaneski (Phoenix)

(602) 212-2091

Southeast - North

AL, GA, KY, SC, TN

Tammy Kennedy (Nashville)

(615) 695-4633

Southeast - South

FL, PR

Catherine Mitrano (St. Petersburg)

(727) 540-3900

But this  is their career opportunity contact map …they can switch you to the specific counsel in your district

(202) 273-0197 (Fax) for accreditation questions and complaints. I used that fax a lot years.They too should be able to switch you to an OGC attorney---if in fact a OGC-DC attorney was involved in that report.

http://community.hadit.com/topic/34157-office-of-general-counsel/

This link from Carlie  includes Regional Counsel offices ( VA) but was posted in 2005:

http://community.hadit.com/topic/34157-office-of-general-counsel/

Edited by Berta

Can any moderator put this reply into the vet's thread for Reply to DRO hearing.

Tbird ,I use Firefox ( Mozilla) and had this problem also when Buck, I think it was, had a Reply button problem too ,about a week ago.

I have a satellite dish for the PC. If I am in heavy fog or a cloud, ice storm or heavy snow, or high winds , sometimes my access is affected.

Or if the stationary Gen 4 sat has very bad weather pass under it, as the earth turns ..

The other day however, none of these things were happening.

All in all I am very satisfied with the satellite dish and do have a PC less than a year old

so maybe it is just a temporary glitch but frustrating to me, because I have minimal time to be here.

Edited by Berta

I dont have a problem posting or replying.  I use google chrome, but since I have Firefox, I will try that, too.

Berta, Microsoft has an "automatic update" to Windows 10 if you have Win 7 or Windows 8.  You may not know it even happened, as it could happen at night.  

Anyways, as usual with Microsoft, W10 has "compatability problems" with both software, hardware, and firmware.  

My printer problem compatability was so severe with the W10 upgrade, I kept complaining and complaining to HP until they finally sent me a new printer.   After the W 10 upgrade, each time I rebooted my computer it "lost" the software for the printer and showed it offline, and it would not print.  I could uninstall and reinstall printer, and it would work until I rebooted.  I told them that is unacceptable to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour uninstalling, downloading new software, and reinstalling printer each time I want to print one page, so HP sent me a new printer with new software that did not have a compatability issue with W10.  I was in the warranty period for the printer so HP sent a new one.  

I mention this to you to let you know it could be compatability issues with W10.  First thing is to reboot your computer and try again.  Rebooting fixes many problems.  

You can also fix problems with a built in program called checkdisk.  Check disk takes from about 10 minutes to an hour or more and you do not want to shut your computer off when it starts.  Just let it fininsh running.  

To run checkdisk, open a command prompt in administrator mode. (It also runs in "windows power shell" which is pretty much the same as a command prompt.)   The command prompt runs in MSDOS.  Windows runs "on top of" MSDOS.  So, running things at the command prompt "takes over" command of Windows, because when you reboot, MSDOS starts first, and then there is a command in MSDOS to start Windows.  That is why when you first boot there are a bunch of letters on the computer, those are DOS.    If necessary, I will walk you through how to open a command prompt in administrator mode.    As you know I cannot PM you, but you can PM me and I will send you my phone number if desired.  If you are concerned that I may call you and bother you, (tho I wont)  then you can call me on one of those "throw away" $15 dollar phones, and I wont have your number, only the disposable phone number.    

Once in the command prompt type "chkdsk /f"  exactly like that, without the quotes.  It will then tell you that checkdisk can not run because the volume is in use, and ask you if you want to schedule checkdisk upon reboot.  

You need to respond:  "Y"  (for yes)  and then enter. 

Now when you reboot check disk will "check your disk for errors".  It compares the operating system to the copy on backup, and then "fixes" the errors. The command "/f" tells it to fix any errors.  

Checkdisk is a program often used by computer technicians to fix a whole host of computer errors.  It never hurts to try it.  Hope this helps.  

Edited by broncovet

Berta this is a fabulous post.  Thank you.  I did not know we could call OGC.  VA does this a lot.  There are people we could call to fix our problems, but they dont want us to know the number, so they bury it deep.  They would much rather we call "ask Peggy" and have her tell us, "there is nothing you can do but wait" so we often wind up spending 5 years in appeals to fix a problem that should be solvable in an hour.    

Edited by broncovet