VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Checkmate. I win. 100% P&T

Rate this topic

fmfdoc

I just wanted to share my success story. Just last week, I won my appeal for IVDS/DDD resulting in 100%. Having that increased pushed me over the top to 100% and P&T. I wasn’t expecting the P&T and will not argue that decision or the 100 %.

The appeal started early 2015 and concluded last week. Actually, the battle to increase started in 2008 and as time went on my back just didn’t get better. I applied for an increase, was rejected several times and the finally appealed this past decision and won.

I didn’t win because of luck; I won because I fought each and every step. So, for those still working on an increase and want to be 100 percent (or even just increase to another percent), you better be your best advocate. Your VSO will help but you need to be WAY more proactive than just a VSO.

To start, I learned what I needed to do by trolling this site and asking questions (for C&P exams, expert letters, notice of disagreements, etc.). We each have our own Physical or psychological disabilities but our goals are the same and that is to get what we deserve. If you feel you deserve it, then buckle down and get ready for a journey. I can attest it can be a long journey but it’s in my personality to never give up and never take no for an answer.

Finally, I know that P&T is not exactly “permanent” for at least 10 years. I'll still attend my appointments and my back is still messed up.

It’s like VA Math. It doesn’t make sense but neither does being denied increase for something that is taking away from a better quality of life.

PLEASE be your best advocate, listen to advice on this site and keep your vision in front of you!

Edited by fmfdoc

Congrats on your win.  Yes, when a veteran reaches 95 and VA rounds up to 100% they typically throw in the P & T because they (VA) knows that you have so many conditions/disabilities that it is most likely that they will remain with you for the rest of your life. I was the same way and the P & T really helped  my dependent out with college and CH 35.  Being rated 100% scheduler you can still legally work but be prepare for VA to try to re-evaluate you if you continue to work.  In my particular case there is no way I could ever go back to work.  Almost forgot, you can also file for SSDI and get that to.  Congrats again! 

Edited by pete992

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use