VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent Medical Opinion Options

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

Get with the VA Acupuncture Program, seems to be helping with my PN of feet. Also, and this is the big one, get with the Pain Clinic regarding "Essential OILS" Pain mixtures. Can't believe the VOO DO mixtures help as much as they do.

Been doing acupuncture with VA for about 4 mos now, good results. Treatment every 2 Weeks. Started the Essential Oil mixtures applied every night, about 10 mos ago with non VA Podiatrist. Switched to VAMC 11/15, works as good if not better and the price is right.

Chronic foot pain is a Bixxx, I'd rub chicken bones on my feet to reduce the pain, if I thought it would work. To say the least, I was a bit skeptical regarding both Acupuncture and Essential Oil mixtures, much to my surprise, they really work.

Semper Fi

Shuman,

Not sure if you have had your C&P Exam for your feet yet, but if not make sure you're wearing your inserts and if they gave you the space boots (what I call them) to sleep in bring them to the exam as well to show that yes I have these and use them and the effects or lack thereof. I would recommend rolling your foot on a tennis ball or canned foot to see if it helps and if not you can state that during your exam as its an exam question I was asked on all 3 of my exams.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:21 PM, Gastone said:

Get with the VA Acupuncture Program, seems to be helping with my PN of feet. Also, and this is the big one, get with the Pain Clinic regarding "Essential OILS" Pain mixtures. Can't believe the VOO DO mixtures help as much as they do.

Been doing acupuncture with VA for about 4 mos now, good results. Treatment every 2 Weeks. Started the Essential Oil mixtures applied every night, about 10 mos ago with non VA Podiatrist. Switched to VAMC 11/15, works as good if not better and the price is right.

Chronic foot pain is a Bixxx, I'd rub chicken bones on my feet to reduce the pain, if I thought it would work. To say the least, I was a bit skeptical regarding both Acupuncture and Essential Oil mixtures, much to my surprise, they really work.

Semper Fi

I'll have to ask about that, never thought of it but hey I'm with you I'll try anything.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, smoothc100 said:

Shuman,

Not sure if you have had your C&P Exam for your feet yet, but if not make sure you're wearing your inserts and if they gave you the space boots (what I call them) to sleep in bring them to the exam as well to show that yes I have these and use them and the effects or lack thereof. I would recommend rolling your foot on a tennis ball or canned foot to see if it helps and if not you can state that during your exam as its an exam question I was asked on all 3 of my exams.

Not yet, I'm still fighting to get my C-file. Once I have my in service medical records, I'll be able to get an IMO/IME then submit the claim. I've been learning a lot about how to put together a claim the right way. I've learned from my mistakes the first time so hopefully this times different. Thanks for the much needed advice on the C&P exam, I'll have to hit you up once I get to that stage.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use