VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with compensation estimates & back pay

Rate this question

usocazy

Question

Greetings - first post on this site.

I'm rated at 90% service-connected disability, have 2 children enrolled full time as college students & my wife.  I'm getting $1888/month for disability and filed a claim as eBenefits shows that only my daughter & wife were considered for "compensation", my son was not.

I submitted paperwork to show that he still lives at home and is a full time college student but the claim came back that they were already paying for him as a dependent and my entitlement is $1888. So confusing. My math shows that 90% pays $1,995.48 for Veteran with Spouse and Child plus I figured I should also get another $182 for my second child that is enrolled in school so my adjusted total should be $1,995.48 + $182 = $2177.48  What am I figuring incorrectly? I used the following website: http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/resources_comp01.asp#BM05

Additionally, I had my knee replaced back in November 2014 and didn't realize that I was entitled to 100% temp disability for 12 months. I submitted a claim for 100% temp ($3415.74/month) and that was awarded effective 19 November 2014 to 1 January 2016 however they withheld $1527.26/month so it netted out to $1888.48. I qualify for CRDP so I requested an audit error worksheet be completed by the VA so I could get 12 months of back pay - that is still ongoing.  So my math indicates I should get $1527.26 x 12 months = $18,327.12 Does that sound about right?

Thanks for your input!

• HadIt.com Elder

Check out asknod blog site

Here is the probably the best way to request your c-file

http://asknod.org/2013/09/30/getting-your-c-file/

Ok - so I just got a form letter from the VA on the inquiry that I submitted on 02/09 requesting that an audit error worksheet be completed and provided on my temporary 100% rating for my total knee replacement back on 19 Nov 14.  The response stated:

"Once your claim was finished, VA notified DFAS of your increase for the temporary 100%. DFAS then does a review of your retired pay to tell VA how much of the money withheld to pay. This is called an Audit Error Worksheet. DFAS must process the Audit Error Worksheet first and once it is completed they will send it back to VA for us to pay. Sometime (sic) this process can take up to 6-8 months."

When I originally called and talked with a VA rep on 01/19, he told me the following steps but indicated that DFAS has around 60 days to complete the audit error worksheet. His steps were:

• DFAS completes audit error worksheet (approximately 60 days) & sends to VA
  • VA Regional Office does an internal audit then cuts a check for the back pay

Never once did he state this process taking 6-8 months to complete.

Any idea how to check on the audit error worksheet with DFAS?:wacko::wacko::wacko:

If you are not working have you applied for TDIU?

Were you employed when they made the 90% rating?

Aere you employed now because If you can get a Permanent and Total Status (100% plus P & T) the VA will grant your children and spouse Chapter 35 Educational Benefits.

Chapter 35 paid for about 13 thousand for my tuition for my degree. Lots here under hadit search for Chapter 35

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:16 AM, usocazy said:

*bump

Still looking to see if anyone know how to contact DFAS to check on the status of an audit error worksheet.

Edited by 1230collins