VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went to PFD today

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

So I filed my FDC claim on 1/12/16 - had C&P exams on 2/4/16 and today I am in Preparation for Decision.  I went from GOE to PFD in a matter of a week.  My timeline changed too.

Status of Your Claim

• Submitted: 01/12/2016 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 03/24/2016 - 04/30/2016 

I am a bit worried but will be optimistic....

Edited by Navy4life

4 answers to this question

N4L,

Don't worry, expect a positive outcome.  I have to say that I have absolutely no faith in the accuracy of eBenefits as my status changed like yours, it then went to prepare for notification for a month and then back to gathering evidence, where it as been since November.

Green;

Thanks! The issues I have is I was unable to see my C&P exams but I was able to get "bits and pieces" of it from a VBA rep on the phone.  Oh well nothing I can do now right?? LOL

Well big SHOUT out to Buck!  I received my C&P exams from the BVA at the VA Hospital just now.  All I had to do was request them and they gave them to me!

BAD NEWS - the PTSD & Eating Disorder C&P exam is NOT good!  Looks like I am going to be reduced to 10% and the C&P exam for left ankle doesn't look good either.

What gets me is the doctor doing my C&P for PTSD stated I had BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) but the C&P exams states I have "characteristics" but don't meet full criteria to warrant a diagnoses.

I will post them in the C&P forum later but pretty bummed

So if they decide to reduce me will I be sent a separate letter or will that be on the Award Letter as a recommendation for reduction?

Best of luck to you Navy4life! Maybe the new exams won't change your rating if you have documentation that refutes it. The doctor who wrote the final exam report for my mom when she went for SSDI recommended that she not get it. He was known for this, and he based his decision on a lot of BS, but since my mom's medical records consistently stated that she could not work because of X,Y,Z, Social Sec granted her disability and threw out the last doctor's recommendation. I know VA is not SSA, but they have a similar process. If the C&P exam is not consistent with your records, then it should be suspect. Not that I know a lot about it, but I hope my reasoning is correct.