VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI Approved at 10%- But at least it was Approved

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

First- my TBI was finally approved at 10% and I'm very very thankful for the SC rating for TBI .  It was a long and arduous path to get there with doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists and at least I have a starting point now. Frankly, I've never "opened up" to a mental health person before and that was very difficult for me to do?  I've lived with the same constant headaches and memory issues for many many years since the Tank Main Gun Explosion and it's finally on the record now-as it should be.  This also moved me from 80% to 90% in terms of my overall rating so at least I'm moving in the right direction. My wife has been very worried about my memory issues and treatments lately as I get older and at least I can get properly treated for these illnesses now with the VA. Overall, I've had to organize my whole life around dealing with these issues and how to cope on a daily basis. Many of us were taught to "just take it" and never complain but if a veteran "just sucked it up", later there was a price to be paid as we try to get the proper compensation and treatment for this..

Secondly, I want to again thank "all" of you out there whom have been very helpful and supportive at hadit.com with my posts and issues. Frankly, I think only "Vets" whom have gone thru these things can truly understand the real frustrations that we go thru "post military". Also, I've gain a healthy respect for the VA raters and the tough job that they have to make this all work.  The system is not perfect and we don't always get what we expect but but I sincerely believe that folks at the VA work really hard to try to be the best for us veterans in the end....

Goodspeed to "all' -- Rootbeer22 

4 answers to this question

Outstanding news to read about Rootbeer. I know the feeling.  There are always alternatives and work arounds to make the VA work for you.  I'm happy for you bud.  Take care and congrats a good win.

ArNG11:

Thanks for your comments...frankly...we never know how this is going to turn out in the end but at least I got the TBI rating and can be treated for it now....  I still have to do my NOD on the original claim...so we'll see how it goes...but I'm very thankful to the VA for their consideration in this matter...

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation Rootbeer22

Now your on your way up buddy

TBI is very hard to get SC % for and now you got it, the only way to go now is UP.

Good Luck with your other claims

...........Buck

Buck52:

Thanks again for your support on this. Originally, I was skeptical about the whole TBI process and the interviews upon interviews with Mental Health Professionals. Talking to them was very difficult for me and I swore I would never do so because it brought up old memories. But in the end it worked out  and I was Sc'd for TBI  and it's good that they finally recognized the explosion whatt happened to me and the long term effects of it. The original VBA Rater for my claim made a comment that I should pursue the TBI based upon what was seen in my medical records. I still have to do the NOD on my original claim so I may even move up to 100%? Frankly I feel I was lowballed on a few other contentions which is normal from what I have seen on hadit.com.

Godspeed to you and yours....

Edited by rootbeer22
Typos