VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

my aching feet

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

when i first enlisted in the army in 1974, my entrance physical indicated i had no physical problems with my feet. when i got to my permanent duty station, there was a requirement that women wear heels with their uniforms. i did but shortly thereafter, i fell down two flights of stairs (broken at the first landing) and injured my back. i had caught the rung of my heel on a step and tumbled.

shortly, after, starting to experience pain in my feet, i went to sick call. the doc looked at my feet and indicated i had several problems, the worst being very high arches. i was given inserts for my shoes and issued a permanent profile that i wear only low quarters with the inserts. this is in my army medical record.

fast forward to the present, my feet are worse, i have hammertoes, arthritis and still have high arches. i have constant pain in the metarsal region of my feet. in january, the podiatrist gave me orthotics. i am debating whether or not to open a claim for my feet, either based on my army info or as secondary to my service connected back issues. thanks.

i

It's an Osteogenesis stimulator (bone regrowth) machine.  I use it 3 hours a day.  It looks like a huge house arrest bracelet LOL!!!  It is helping me strength my bones.  Because I have so many falls noted in my history, the Podiatrist wanted to give this a try.  It's rather expensive.  The guy that came out to see me, told me it's about $2,500 machine.  I added a picture of one.  I use it for my ankle (left) and my right foot fracture as well.

image.jpg

24 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

It's an Osteogenesis stimulator (bone regrowth) machine.  I use it 3 hours a day.  It looks like a huge house arrest bracelet LOL!!!  It is helping me strength my bones.  Because I have so many falls noted in my history, the Podiatrist wanted to give this a try.  It's rather expensive.  The guy that came out to see me, told me it's about $2,500 machine.  I added a picture of one.  I use it for my ankle (left) and my right foot fracture as well.

image.jpg

how does it help the pain in your feet? and does it help toes at all. i have chronic inflammation of the metatarsal heads in my feet beside the high arches and the hammertoes. if you think it would be helpful, i can certainly mention to my podiatrist when i see her again in late june. thanks for the info and the picture!!

Ask your podiatrist iceturkee and see if it is a good recommendation for you.  This is for bone growth and to strength my bones because of the fracture.  I do not believe this is for the toes.

I had surgery to my 2nd Intermetarsal toe last year and it has not helped.  I am due for another surgery to that toe to remove the screw in it.  I believe that is my issue.  Along with the injections I get to my toe and ankle that does provide some relief.