VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

? about SMC-S and Retro payment

Rate this question

Sasquatch

Question

First, let me say thank you for a great and knowledge on this site is overwhelming.

I found this site recently and have been bouncing around here. That's when I found SMC-S.

I'm rated 100% TDIU for PTSD effective Dec 2003 as stated in my decision letter. I was also rated 60% for my back at the same time but SMC was never considered.

This leads me to ask 2 questions from the members here:

1. How did you apply for your retro SMC? 

2. Has anyone received a retro payment based on a decision prior to 2008?

Thanks for the help & info.

Gastone

How has SMC S Comp related requirements changed since 04?

That’s a good question. I haven’t found the old CFR’s online.

If the Comp IU 100 couldn't be used for SMC consideration back then, he's kinda screwed for any Retro, Me thinks.

I look at it as Comp IU 100 WASN’T and SHOULD HAVE been used and the court told the VA they should have been.

However, I trust he's since filed for SMC S (2) based on his Dr completing the VA Housebound Medical Certification, maybe I missed his discussion. If he hasn't, he's "Burning Daylight!"

Sent Priority Mail with return receipt request.

Sasquatch: Your ship ever visit DaNang Harbor?

If it did I don’t know about it. I guess I was so green, I was oblivious to everything looking back now. I'm not sure I trust the things I do remember, unless I find some piece of paper that reminds me.

Semper Fi Devil Dog

BLT 1/9

72-73

4 hours ago, broncovet said:

Sasquatch

"Reading" the Nehmer case is, well, that is like "reading" the Bible and the Apocrypha, and the Encyclopedia combined.  Nehmer is not a "case", its a "class" of Veterans.  There are thousands of pages just on Nehmer.  Here is what the attorney for Veterans, NVLSP, says about Nehmer:

http://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/class-actions/nehmer-agent-orange-lawsuit/

If you served in country Vietnman, or were exposed to chemicals in the Vietnma Era, such as on board ship near there, you may be a Nehmer class Vet.  YOu can contact NVLSP, who represents Nehmer clients at no charge to the Veteran to see a)If you qualify as a Nehmer claimant, and b)what benefits, if any you are entitled to as a "special" Nehmer claimant.  I do know its not JUST in country Vietnam era Vets, because there was exposure to AO in other instances.  

I see what your talking about, Nehmer being a class action suit.

I've also searched around and see I'll probably need to find additional info and proof of Blue water versus Brown water now that the VA changed things again.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/15/2016 at 10:39 AM, Sasquatch said:

First, let me say thank you for a great and knowledge on this site is overwhelming.

I found this site recently and have been bouncing around here. That's when I found SMC-S.

I'm rated 100% TDIU for PTSD effective Dec 2003 as stated in my decision letter. I was also rated 60% for my back at the same time but SMC was never considered.

This leads me to ask 2 questions from the members here:

1. How did you apply for your retro SMC? 

2. Has anyone received a retro payment based on a decision prior to 2008?

Thanks for the help & info.

Yes, but it took two passes, one via "call/email bob" and one appeal hearing. Each was a five figure amount. PTSD was not involved,

but Nehmer conditions and secondaries were. It seems that the VA likes to put blinders on, and ignore things, unless kicked around!

Edited by Chuck75