VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Currently TDIU but Contemplating Adding Primary & Secondary Conditions

Rate this question

RustySailor

Question

I'm currently 90% TDIU but I'm contemplating adding a few disabilities:

1). Obstructive Sleep Apnea: I just got sworn statements in support of my claim.

2). Headaches secondary to PTSD: been diagnosed with tension & migraine headaches that are due to stress and anxiety from PTSD.

3). Sciatica secondary to lower back herniated discs: recent MRIs confirm nerve impingement.

4). Increase in IBS from 0% to 30%.

5). Increase in chronic sinusitis from 0% to 30%.

All of the above has substantial medical evidence to warrant service-connection or increases. Should I do it? Would it change me from TDIU to T&P? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, RustySailor said:

I'm currently 90% TDIU but I'm contemplating adding a few disabilities:

1). Obstructive Sleep Apnea: I just got sworn statements in support of my claim.

2). Headaches secondary to PTSD: been diagnosed with tension & migraine headaches that are due to stress and anxiety from PTSD.

3). Sciatica secondary to lower back herniated discs: recent MRIs confirm nerve impingement.

4). Increase in IBS from 0% to 30%.

5). Increase in chronic sinusitis from 0% to 30%.

All of the above has substantial medical evidence to warrant service-connection or increases. Should I do it? Would it change me from TDIU to T&P? Thanks.

Anytime you decide to add another disability claim to the original service connection.  It always allows the VA to re-evaluate all your service connected disabilities.  Hence, they can propose to reduce.  If in fact your already TDIU.  Just apply for P&T.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can get other disabilities SC & Rated at a 70% or higher  then you should be inferred to the SMC -S HouseBound Automatically.  its an extra 347 month with spouse.

jmo

.................Buck

1 minute ago, RustySailor said:

Thanks MPsgt. I actually just got TDIU in January 2016 with effective date of Sept 2015. Wouldn't it be too early for a reevaluation and is it too early to ask for P&T?

It's never to early or late for the VA to re-evaluate your service connection.  I'd stand by and wait for further advice by others on Hadit.  However, at the end of the day.  I'd go ahead and apply for P&T.  Use VA Form 21-526b asking for P&T and get a VA doctor IMO stating your P&T.  JMO

On 3/25/2016 at 1:40 PM, MPsgt said:

It's never to early or late for the VA to re-evaluate your service connection.  I'd stand by and wait for further advice by others on Hadit.  However, at the end of the day.  I'd go ahead and apply for P&T.  Use VA Form 21-526b asking for P&T and get a VA doctor IMO stating your P&T.  JMO

I absolutely agree:  I applied for TDIU the next day after getting my new rating:  they gave it to me in four weeks without any doctor visit.  I just was given TOTAL AND PERM and I never asked for it.  They just gave it to me after a very good COMP AND PEN appt.

Your IU with a 90 SC, PTSD at 50 or 70%, right? The IU was based solely on your PTSD. If your under 55, future C & P's are Diary Dated in your C-File for SC Re-evaluations.

99.9% of all private and VA MH Clinicians believe PTSD Symptoms can improve with time and treatment, think, Job Security. So, depending on your age, there is a good chance for improvement. Chances are slim and none, for a  Vet under 62 to get a T & P for a PTSD Rating of 50 or 70%.

As New Secondary SC's are DX'd and noted in your VMC Med Recds, file the FDC. Even Secondaries rated at 0% can affect the rating of the causative SC.

Just recently, my SA 50% was bumped to 100% due to a SC 0% Secondary.

Semper Fi