VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can you look at my Stressors?

Rate this question

wablackwell

Question

Thank you for your time and input.

I am working on my PTSD Claim. I have been seen my counselors, psychologist and psychiatrist for 3 years been through the 10 week in patient PTSD Program at the Waco VA hospital, been refered by the VA to a local mental hospital for suicidation for 2 weeks and I am also getting fired from my government job as a security guard because of my PTSD.  But I don not believed I have ever been SC for PTSD so that is why I would like for you to look at my stressor and give me any advice whether it would be considered a stressor and service connected. First of all these are all for OIF.

Stressor 1. I was in an Air defense Artillery Station at TA-Thunder in Kuwait. Part of my unit went forward and got ambushed, we lost 9 soldiers which I was very close to. I was serving as a Platoon Sergeant and had to comfort my soldier of the loss of their fellow service members while not try to show any emotion my self. Even though this did not directly happen to me losing your soldier during combat still haunts me today. Would you consider this as a stressor?

Stressor 2.  Being in Air defense we constantly having SCUD alerts having to go to MOPP4 and waiting it out in the bunker wondering if you were going to shoot down the SCUD or not. We had one that 3 seconds from impact of our location. The stress of worry if your were going to live or not and the impact it would have on my family is something that still races through my mind today. Would you considered this a stressor?

Stressor 3. As I platoon sergeant for Fire Control Platoon I played a major role in the training of my van crews. But we screwed up. We shot down and Killed British Pilot mistaken it for a SCUD. I Have Major guilt that If we were better trained that this might of not happened. Would you considered this as a stressor?

Stressor 4. Our unit was attacked by small arm fired at night. The unit had to deploy to their fire position and defend the unit. No one got hurt or shot and the unit that we were attached to capture 2 POW's but this incident did scared the heck out me and I was in fear of my life and soldiers lifes. Also I have a bullet on MY Award form DA 638 that talk about this incident. Would you consider this a Stressor?

Stressor 5. This is a non combat stressor. Is being assign to funeral detail on a two man team and conducting over 60 funeral over a two month period. Would you count that as a stressor.

The 5 thing I mention above is what races around in my head and I can not seem to get rid of it. I just want to see what you think to make sure I do a  proper claim. Thanks for your opinion on this matter.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I would consider there all stressors, Actually you only need 2 stressors &  some say the more stressors the better  but I disagree with that.

you need records or buddy statements to prove it  or records that put you in a combat place and date/ time...morning reports , service records,MOS

if you have COMBAT BADGE then you don't need to prove your stressors just prove you was in combat territory  and in fear for your life.

jmo

..................Buck

..................Buck

Yes.  Those are stressors.  Do you have a current PTSD diagnosis by a VA doctor?  

I humbly disagree with Buck that "2" stressors are needed for PTSD service connection.  One such stressor should suffice, if the "stressor" was severe and was documented.  

AS Buck correctly pointed out, tho, "combat" Veterans have an easier time prooving a stressor than non combat Vets.  

Edited by broncovet

Thanks Buck52 and Broncovet. I do have a current diagnosis by a VA doctor of PTSD, but I do not have nothing that saids it is SC. So the main thing I will have to prove in my Claim is that it is SC and then I should be good to go, But I do not trust the VA to give me a proper evaluation on my claim. Once again thing for you help.

• HadIt.com Elder

We'll my reason for saying 2 stressors was enough.

I sent two in with statement in support of claim on the PTSD Claim my records showing  two of my stressors, the C&P examiner said she read about my stressors and she would not talk about them with me and not rehash old memories, I said I have other stressors  she said those 2 was enough ,  so I think a veteran can over do his sterrsor's   I just used the two worst stressors that I felt caused my PTDS According to VA MH Dr's

if the veteran don't have str's or records documenting his stressors  then maybe that's when the veteran needs to send in more than just two stressors   each veteran claim is different.