VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic/ Complex PTSD Rating Information?

Rate this question

Crossfit702

Question

Does anyone know anything about the rating for "Complex PTSD" or "Chronic PTSD?"

It's what you get diagnosed with if it is thought your PTSD is due to combat as well as passed severe trauma like extensive childhood trauma and that sort of stuff. However, there seems to be no rating method for this yet. 

• Founder

a ptsd rating is the same as whether it's complex, chronic or anything else. they don't distinguish that type of thing. same thing with major depression. ptsd at 70% pays the same as 70% for depression.

Tbird, thank you so much for this information. I don't know why they even call it something else then? All it does is confuse veterans and sends them on while goose-chases. As a criminal justice student they drill it in our heads that any claim (normal court, where the law followed, and thinking is actually done) has to be on the basis that such an act, which the filing of such a claim is based on, has to have a statute that criminalizes the act the claim is in reference to. For example, if there wasn't a law against running naked in public places then someone could not be arrested and convicted of indecent exposure. 

So, why would they come up with this "complex PTSD" when all it really is, is PTSD... I don't know I guess I'm still new at this crazy game VA Claim game... Thanks for your help though now I can stop searching and try to get some sleep lol...

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually PTSD if  rated chronic /bipolar  & unspecific depressive disorders..(can mean a lot of different symptoms)

10% 30%50&60%70% 100%

Bi polar PTSD & Manic PTSD is the same thing or same meaning the Manic PTSD was used years ago until they used the word Bi Polar  Chronic Bi Polar is the worst PTSD and usually warrants a 100% Rating.

MDD have multi ratings but usually like Ms Tbird mention the symptoms have the same rating Depression vs PTSD

• Founder

it can be confusing but a diagnosis is a bit more specific from the doctor than it is for compensation purposes. for example chronic ptsd may respond to different treatments but compensation is more straightword than that. i don't know if that helps but i hope so.

I am Bipolar at 70%. I guess the only way they rate any mental condition is the chart based on how much it incapacitates you.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I agree

C&P Examiner ,

After reading all the veterans records & statements from Medical Dr's and Physiatrist and VA MH officials &  any questions he/she  ''MAY'' ask the veteran at the time of the C&P

& Usually After the veteran has his/her C&P, the examiner checks an x in all the questions  (YES) or ( NO) about the severity of symptoms, Diagnoses (PTSD OR (MDD) depends on that & the severity  > the raters will look at and rate on. 

Unless under a  special circumstance.

jmo

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52
PTSD not PSDT eh!