VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request another Sleep Apnea C&P? My results posted

Rate this question

dreamhighvet

Question

What do you guys think?  Good or bad exam?  Should I request another C&P or is it okay? If my condition gets service connected, would I get 50%? 
The examiner did not mention anything about  "as likely as  not"  "more than likely" "not likely" or whatever. What is up with that?
Also, I am concerned about his response to #3 and 6. I of course currently have sleep apnea symtpoms - or else why would I need to use CPAP?

I would like some honest feedback on this. Should I schedule another C&P?

1. Does the Veteran have or has he/she ever had sleep apnea?   [X] Yes [ ] No

[X] Obstructive   ICD code: 327.23 Date of diagnosis: X/x/16

2. Medical history.  Describe the history (including onset and course) of the Veteran's sleep disorder.

29 Year old male veteran gives h/o loud and disruptive snoring while asleep and  has witnessed apneas . Also, h/o gasping and choking for air at night and  h/o insomnia and moderate daytime sleepiness for past few years .No significant past medical history service Army 6/15/06 to to XX.  Pt had sleep study done at XXX VA Hospital and the result showed  he had severe obstructive sleep apnea and pt is on Cpap treatment with 8 cm h20  with good result.

Is continuous medication required for control of a sleep disorder condition? [ ] Yes [X] No

Does the veteran require the use of a breathing assistance device?[ ] Yes [X] No

Does the Veteran require the use of a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine? [X] Yes [ ] No

3. Findings, signs and symptoms. Does the Veteran currently have any findings, signs or symptoms attributable to sleep apnea?[ ] Yes [X] No

4. Other pertinent physical findings, complications, conditions, signs and/or symptoms
Does the Veteran have any scars (surgical or otherwise) related to any conditions or to the treatment of any conditions listed in the Diagnosis section above?[ ] Yes [X] No
Does the Veteran have any other pertinent physical findings, complications, conditions, signs and/or symptoms related to conditions listed in the Diagnosis section above? [ ] Yes [X] No

5. Diagnostic testing.
Has a sleep study been performed? [X] Yes [ ] No
If yes, does the Veteran have documented sleep disorder breathing? [X] Yes [ ] No

Date of sleep study: x/x/16  Facility where sleep study performed, if known: XXXX VA Sleep Lab

Results:AHI 37.6/EVENTS /HR, 68 HYPOPNEAS SAO2 NADIR 89 %

Are there any other significant diagnostic test findings and/or results?[ ] Yes [X] No

6. Functional impact.   Does the Veteran's sleep apnea impact his or her ability to work? [ ] Yes [X] No

7. Remarks, if any: Severe obstructive sleep apnea

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet