VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU PTSD

Rate this question

Zerowe

Question

Hello, Brief Bio of me..ETS'd with disability pay for injury in 1991...Lost in the system of untruths that I was not eligible for VA benefits until 2011, Was awarded 50% for ptsd-anxiety-panic disorder..Went 5 years w/o hearing from VA for follow up, So I initiated a call and got reassessed just last week and the provider put me on anti anxiety meds..Been having a really hard time keeping a job and getting along with people..Can I apply for a rate increase and TDIU at the same time?..Is it too soon after the reassessment?..and Should I use my VSO or do it myself??...I've seen some post that VSO's don't really help...I am an absolute Newby here and have just been reading posts for about 2 weeks..I am 51 yrs of age have been on my rating for 5 yrs..I really need the increase but scared to stir up a hornets nest, all advice is greatly appreciated  

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Did you file a claim for PTSD/anxiety disorder in 1991?

Do I understand they Sced the PTSD in 2011?

"Went 5 years w/o hearing from VA for follow up, So I initiated a call and got reassessed just last week and the provider put me on anti anxiety meds.."

That is outrageous.

Are you unemployed at this time?

If so definitely apply for TDIU.

I am a little confused at all this....did you have to pay back any separation pay money before the 50% comp would kick in?

1 hour ago, Berta said:

Did you file a claim for PTSD/anxiety disorder in 1991?

Do I understand they Sced the PTSD in 2011?

"Went 5 years w/o hearing from VA for follow up, So I initiated a call and got reassessed just last week and the provider put me on anti anxiety meds.."

That is outrageous.

Are you unemployed at this time?

If so definitely apply for TDIU.

I am a little confused at all this....did you have to pay back any separation pay money before the 50% comp would kick in?

No I didn't file in 1991, actually back then we didn't what PTSD was really..just knew I wasn't right..I actually profiled out on an injury of leg, ankle, hip.. they sent me home with roughly $3,000 and I thought that was it...I Did have to pay that back off the top of the 50% award

Not employed at this time...

It's my understanding 50% will not get TDIU so I'll have to get my rating raised I guess..maybe apply for both at once?

I'm learning that I need to get my Tinnitus on this rating because my ears have been ringing since I left the battlefield...But again, We didn't even know that was a thing back in my day..sorry I seem so ignorant but I'm just learning about these benefits I might eligible for..I really need them at this stage in my life because I've had a really rough go since I left the service