VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Intend to File question

Rate this question

Oceanbound

Question

May 30th 2015, I filed "intend to file" a handful of disabilities and can't find what I filed for, since Ebenefits keeps updating their software. Went through the open application and not able to find them in there. Help on locating them.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Dot.

To clarify, I intended to file a few on ebenefits, did so last May to have time to file complete and well documented hard copies, instead of rushed and sloppy online. Since then they upgraded the software and I am no longer able to see what I plan to file. What I am saying is that I am not able to find the list or webpage stating those disabilities I intended to file.

I requested my c-file at the Regional Office using their basic form. Should I have used another form to obtain it sooner, then, what I read where it takes months to a year and a half. If so which document is that.

I also did an Intent To File on eBenefits and am waiting for a pending claim to close before I file the new claim.  Just go on eBenefits and start as if you were filing a new claim.  Click on "Apply" then select Compensation from the drop down list and then click on disability compensation.  You should see that you have already started a claim and will ask you if you wish to continue.  Click continue and it should take you to the claim you started last year and will show all your disabilities...those already rated/denied and the new ones you are going to file.

It is Dot.  He said he did the intent to file on 30 May 2015 so he still has about 6 weeks to complete the claim and preserve the effective date.

Oceanbound;

This is a great lesson for you....keep copies of everything you file with the VA whether it's via Ebennies, snail mail, or hand delivery to your local rep.  

As far as trying to get a copy of it, you could try your local VBA office at the VA hospital.  As for a copy of it.  They should be able to print it off for you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Use this form for requesting your c-file  to get it back the fastest way & mail it to your Claims intake center or Janesville Wi.

VA 21-3288

...........Buck

You need to get to the bottom of this.  Its not unusual for VA to simply shred your claim or put it in another Vets file where it can disappear for decades.  

Did you get a DTA letter acknowledgining your claim?  Its a big red flag if you filed a claim a year ago and nothing from VA.  

I agree with Dot.  Call, or better yet, go to your VARO, and ask them what is going on.  Have copies of your claims forms, and resubmit if VA claims they did not receive them. 

Do you have a VSO?  SOmetimes that is the problem.  One VSO was disciplined when they found several years of unprocessed claims in his desk.  MY VSO sat on my claim for a month.  Do the math.  Im at 100% so the VSO sitting on my claim a month cost me $3000.

Check with the VSO, if you have one, and use sugar and not accuse him if you dont even know yet.  There will be plenty of time to accuse him later, if, indeed, VA did not receive your claim and your VSO did not submit it.  You probably dont know yet.  But you need to run this down, its likely this will still be a problem 3 years from now if you dont.