VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CHAMPVA question

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if there is an actual CHAMPVA website where you can look up status of claims and so on? I've searched in vain . The only thing I have is the 1 800 733 8387 phone line. It sure would be helpful .

Champva is the best insurance I have ever  had.  My wife always calls if there is a problem.  I am assuming you already have Champva, and are trying to get them to pay medical bills.  Or, are you trying to get champva?

You should get Champva if you got a RO decision that made you eligible for Chapter 35.

You might run into a problem if you are also eligible for Tricare from being retired.  

CHAMPVA has a web site with contact info.

Also you should have received the CHAMPVA booklet not long after applying for CHAMPVA.

It must formally be applied for with a copy of the VA disability award letter that makes you eligible for CHAMPVA.

The booklet is also in pdf at their web site and contain contact numbers for claims, pharmacy issues, etc and also Glenn Johnson of VA CHAMPVA has done many blog radio shows here at hadit and his contact info is in those shows and here somewhere as well.

Are you new to CHAMPVA?   Is this for a refund of past medical bills due to the EED they gave you for CHAMPVA?

I get Medicare and CHAMPVA and cant recall if I ever  filed a 'claim' with them because it seems to me between Medicare and CHAMPVA all that goes very smoothly. I probably did before I was on Medicare. Don't recall how that worked.

They are far easier to deal with then the VA, in my opinion.

I had a pharmacy issue once and a real person who knew what she was doing answered the number in the CHAMPVA booklet for pharmacy issues, I told her my story, and within a few minutes, she called me back to tell me my pharmacy had my refund ready ( the new pharmacist had told me CHAMPVA didn't pay for the specific med I was prescribed.I knew he might be wrong but had to come home to search the med in the booklet to find out he was wrong.

CHAMPVA is Wonderful. But I dont think all providers accept CHAMPVA.

Thank you all for your responses. I do have CHAMPVA and am very happy with it. It is the best health insurance I have ever had. I was just wondering if it had a web site so you could see all your info, claims, pending stuff in one place, but it doesn't seem like it does. I do admit the people who answer the 1-800 number are have always been extremely helpful.

I think the champva website is "generic" and the details of your claim wont be there.  However, many companies have 2 websites...a generic one, and then a secure one where you can log in and view your details.  It would be great if you would call them and ask that very valid question and then post the results, including a link, if possible.